Monday, December 17, 2012

Hope this Works.

This is now my 3rd attempt at updating the blog, so I hope it works. Previously I have written parts of the blog and gone to add pictures and my computer has crashed. And I mean, it was dead and Travis brought it back to life. He says it was a coincidence at the timing, but it doesn't stop me from fretting this whole time. It took him 3 1/2 hrs to revive it the last time. So... wish us luck (however the only way you will read this is if it didn't crash, so that's good).

I've previously wrote about Christmas coming up, about the progress we've made with Maddix's public fits and going to bed on time, about how cute he has been lately, and the random activities that have happened, but as we know it never posted. Therefore, I will have to do my best to remember what has been going on:
We now have a stripper. I can't keep clothes on this kid!
While we were switching the way we ran his sleeping schedule we kept finding him asleep in weird places
It's because of instances like these that every night we have to do a check and make sure 1. His diaper is on and not ripped off in a corner somewhere 2. His pj's are on to keep him warm and 3. That he's actually in his bed and blankets.
He is so big. He gets into his chair by himself every day. And the house has become his jungle gym
He found this rubber bracelet and now he likes to be Buzz Lightyear and say, "To infinity, and beyond," while he rides his ship/car
This was last week before the REAL snow showed up... I LOVE that we will have a white Christmas.
We attended a surprise b-day party for another one of the students back on the 8th. This picture sums up how Maddix was the whole time!
We have also been enjoying the few moments we have with Travis. His semester is at it's height recently so it's just been Maddix and I. However one day when the snow was really coming down we had a snowball fight in the house. We just opened the windows and gathered the snow into snowballs. I got Maddix pretty good, then Travis pegged me in the butt to reclaim Maddix's honor. We all had a good time. Unfortunately I can't get that photo to load.
I had set up his bed with a fort full of books and gave each stuffed animal one and that bated the trap enough to lure Maddix in and just read books for awhile. He played so well and kept trading books with everyone (animals)
We have also been gearing up for Christmas, listening to holiday music while we clean and play, buying a few little gifts, receiving cards (Thank you everyone who has sent us a card, it's so fun to have a taste of home), and Maddix even decided one night to start unwrapping the presents that were under the tree. Travis walked in and found a bed full of wrapping paper and 5 unwrapped presents; let's just say that's the last time he has touched the tree/presents:)
Maddix has jumped level in speech and understanding again so he's been really fun. We'll call out to him to stay out of the food in the kitchen and he'll call back, " I am out of the kitchen, I'm in my room!" And just all sorts of funny phrases like that. He has become our good little boy again (THANK YOU!)
An exciting thing that just happened: On Saturday we set out through the thickly falling sheets of snow and made our way to a local pool with a few of our ward members, as well as Pres/Sis. Nielson (Mission President and wife) and one of their Elders to witness the baptism of another young man! We now have 3!!! His name is Oscar, he is 14 years old and lives an hour away. He and his brother, his brother has been living in Florida for the past 8yrs and is visiting until Feb, started contacting the Elders awhile back, and we were so excited to go and participate in his baptism. And the Elders were SO excited when they finally found a pool that would let them come; they were >this< close to doing in the lake... in the blizzard. The pool people cleared everyone out for 15mins and then allowed us to use an office to say a few words; they were kind, and it was a wonderful moment.
Afterward Travis,Maddix, Grace (one of our Taiwanese students we love), and I made our way to go have dinner at an American style I-hop type place. We were cold, hungry, and soaked from all the snow. We hopped off the bus and made the walk, only to find it closed! They were closed just because it had been a slow day. They were supposed to be open for another 6hrs! So by the time we made it back to the bus station we had missed our bus and the next one wasn't for 20 minutes so we finished the walk to our apt. Poor Travis carried Maddix for so long. Probably 4miles total before and after. And Maddix was so mad that he was so cold. He cried himself into a pile of blankets and then watched a movie while we made some dinner. Sunday I showed up, ready to play the hymns I'd practiced all week only to find out they don't have them in the Polish hymn book. I looked closer and found out... NONE of the hymns I already know are in the Polish hymn book; they have a terrible selection and they are harder to learn. So looks like I'll be practicing a little more.
So then last night we had our final dinner/dessert with one of our Elders since Transfers are this week. It makes me want to cry that it is already time to say goodbye again! Especially one day before our Christmas party. Boo!
E. Rittmanic, Travis, Maddix, and E. Wilson
Actually, The Elders just called right now and I just found we are losing Elder Wilson! But I'm happy to say he is going to Warsaw where the Armstrong family is (the family that lets us stay with them, and who Maddix thought was U. Colton), so he will be well taken care of. They are wonderful people. We will miss you Elder Wilson; I hope you marry my sister when you get home (you will both be back from your missions at the same time, and both attending BYU, so it could work ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment