Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas, and the lot

 Just like when I was a kid, I woke up all night long. I didn't want there to be any chance Maddix woke up before us and saw the presents without us, so over and over I kept waking. Before Maddix woke up we started making Sticky buns and as Maddix woke up we put on a couple of Mickey Mouse Christmas Cartoons. Then we moved onto the presents while they cooked.



Our Stockings

We opened our stocking and then came the presents... well they were all pretty much for Maddix; he's terribly spoiled without a Nala to split the lot with.
First present brought...

A Missionary build-a-bear; which he LOVES

He saw his roller Cars bag and went "Wahoo!"

The "BIG ONE" from Santa

One happy child. We saved the big box from Santa until very last and lo and behold, inside were Max Schnell and Shu Todoroki; the two cars he's repeatedly asked Santa for.

The wreckage
We left Maddix to all his new toys (he received: A missionary teddy bear along with clothes and Christmas eve pj's from Gma&Gpa Johnson, A trucks puzzle, Cars Storybook, a set of four cars with ppl in them, and a large roller backpack from G.GMa Jo&G.Gpa Cam, a children's Church storybook from G.Gma in Provo, money in a bank account from G.Gma in Springville, Socks/Candy/Angrybirds coloring book from my family, more money from G.Gma&G.Gpa Wells, molding clay from Seena and Akshatha and then between us and Santa he received: a ton of clothes, Mcqueen winter boots, and many Cars cars that I'm going to name so I can look back in case they get lost (Carla, Miguel, Nigel, Shu, Max, Chick, a purple bad guy, Sheriff, Doc, Sally, and Sir Miles; I think that's all). And checked on our breakfast because we could smell it throughout the apt (which is much better than the cabbage and cigarette smoke that has been leaking in through our vents for the past few weeks from downstairs... grr!)

Between the our sticky buns, and the cheese ball #2 Travis made we ate well!

SO much butter, sugar, and cream cheese, my body will not recover
Then, with full stomach's we turned on some Charlie Brown Christmas, and arranged the presents for the annual present photos.

Mine and Travis's collection, + I bought him the new
Batman on i-tunes

This is my painting of the Polish country
side we picked up at a Christmas Market

While I was cleaning up the kitchen I heard the unpleasant whining of Travis picking on Maddix and this is what I heard: "Dance Monkey, Dance." And this is what I saw( below the painting photos)
Poor boy wanted his shirt back on

He looked like Aladdin, but he just
thought he was too naked!
Eventually Maddix and I went down for naps and Travis watched his Christmas Present, Batman, and 2 1/2hrs later I woke up. We tried to wake Maddix up but he was not having it. Travis found him cuddled up with his teddy bear:)
We were lucky enough to spend the rest of the day talking to family, including a group chat with Uncle Bryce in Slovakia. The best part was when Lori asked what Maddix though of the recording in the bear, which we hadn't known was there. So we played it for Maddix in front of them and he was so happy. He pointed at them on the screen and back to the teddy bear. He laughed the whole time then yelled over and over, "This is the best teddy bear EVER! This is the best ever!" And he smiles each time we play it for him:) And then for my most special present from Travis: He made homemade Cafe Rio Salad!!!!! Homemade Pico Degio salsa, cilantro dressing, tortillas, lime rice, and everything. I DIED and went to heaven. Today I re-died when I ate leftovers for lunch.

Heaven
So that was our day. It was simple. Peaceful. And very fun. It's amazing how different Christmas is without the bazillion family parties to attend. It's not bad, it's not better, just entirely different. The day seemed so much longer and laid back though, that's for sure. Merry Christmas from our little family here in Poland!
2012

1 comment:

  1. wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytime i learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info , Thanks for all of your hard work! teddy bears for babies

    ReplyDelete