Thursday, May 2, 2013

~So the Goodbye's Begin~

Last year I was so excited and anxious to go home, I could hardly stand it. And the past several months as I've bounced in and out of feeling well, cabin fever, and spurts of extreme boredom, I have resorted to thinking about how great the summer will be. But it's here.... and it's time to go.... and I don't want too; curse the human condition of wanting what you don't have. Not knowing how great it is until it's gone. Grass is always greener on the other side, etc. Partly I feel like I was just waiting for the warm weather and it came so much later so I've literally only had a week or two to soak in my favorite part about being here: SPRING! No other spring I've ever witnessed can compare to Europe in the spring.

oh well, time to move on.
So today is my last day to finish up all my preparations, pack, stalk Travis with some food for our time apart from each other, and clean before my Grandma and cousin Kara arrive tomorrow. But it's also the last bit of time we have with our friends here; I won't say forever, we've agreed not to say Goodbye, but just see you later (some advice I picked up from Becky Mecham last fall; it does make it easier)! So this week has been all about preparation and celebration.

Pretending to sleep
He packed himself
And last night we attended our final dinner at Anna, Arek, and James's home. We were fortunate enough to be joined by Cody, Grace, and the Elders. We taught each other different homemade pizza recipes, played with some traditional childrens toys from Taiwan that Cody brought, and then ended the night in their courtyard playing basketball running around, and throwing the football ( for some of us it was their first time holding an American football).
Everyone was watching Cody's top spin
Watching the top under the table

Apple-Ginger dessert

Anna doing a flip!

Now Cody's turn

Playing in the courtyard

Farewell for now dear friends!


Maddix always drives the car and
I FINALLY had my camera!

Maddix will miss driving the car
with Arek

 "God be with you 'til we meet again."
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment