Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week TWO in the BIG Apple: Mar 9-15

There are times in life when many challenges come all at once and you feel like you might crush under the pressure. 
And there are times when it seems like all those survived challenges have built you up for something even more incredible; this is that time
We have never had a HARDER than normal married life. Our challenges are our own, just as everyone else's are. And as we've picked our paths we've had to take the bad with the good. 
I feel like the year 2014 was a bit of a black hole. We had good... and it came with a lot of bad. 
2015 seems to be just the opposite. So much good, with such tolerable bad. 
I'm not trying to brag or paint a rainbow life picture, but I'd be ungrateful if I didn't thank
my Heavenly Father for ALL that I have. 
He is a God of Mercy, and a God of love. 
I know he truly love me, my family, and everyone! 

This week started to warm up and the snow began to melt! Hurray! Although this did expose all the garbage and dog poo that ppl have let accumulate all winter long, so that's so-so. 
MONDAY: we had a family night about Families and played board games. We also started homeschool until we can find a school that might let Maddix in mid-semester.
TUESDAY: We initiate our first 'take out Tuesday' and tried this pizza place around the corner. 
WEDNESDAY: I braved up and walked Nala and the boys the mile and a half to Juniper Park (which is an extremely nice park, and one of the only places I've seen that has grass :D
THURSDAY: Was the sunniest day yet so we decided to take a walk and play in our "backyard" (it's our parking spot; it's concrete, has trees on both sides, and is gated off. Best part is it's just OURS. 
Friday: This was the most perfect day; one of those days that makes all the hard you face completely worth it. We took a field trip to the Brooklyn bridge, snuggled, took a family walk to the local BJ's store, and once the boys were in bed I made Can't Leave 'em alone bars for the RS Activity and enjoyed a movie with Travis. 
SATURDAY: I toughed up and drove by myself! Yeah... I really did. I picked up a girl, Whitney who is also from Utah, her husband is doing an international medical school, has a little boy, and is currently pregnant; they remind me so much of us and we just love them:) See? The Lord never leaves us without help. In Poland we had the Potter, Mecham's, Ana and Arek. Here we were blessed with Carol (realtor/friend)'s fam, and now Whitney/Tom. So we drove over and had a "get to know you" party for the RS sisters and that was a lot of fun. 
SUNDAY: Church, Linger-Longer, dinner at Carol's with Whitney&Tom, and the sister missionaries. 
Pretty Great Sunday
It was a pretty good Second Week here in 
New York; here's to more weeks to follow!! 



Manhattan skyline in the background.
You can see it from our apt. 
 Brooklyn Bridge. 
Dumbo, Brooklyn~ Hipsterville!!








No comments:

Post a Comment