Tuesday, July 28, 2015

~Another Week~

The last time I blogged, I vented a bit of frustrations. I'm happy to say that after much advice from those around us, and implementing a few ideas, this week was much improved. I have worked VERY hard to making sure the boys get outside and do one big activity everyday to burn up their extra energy. More importantly, I've been reading my scriptures and saying my morning personal prayers each morning and I can feel myself gaining more patience with the boys throughout the day. When it's bedtime I don't feel like I'm about to burst and during the day I laugh at more jokes Maddix tells than I did before. I can see him smiling more, and I think we are in a good spot. I hope I can keep working towards balancing learning, activities, one-on-one play time, ample hugs and kisses, reading, etc. I just want the BEST for my boys. I love them so much. And they were SOOOoooo cute this week!
One of the things we tried out was creating a week chart with a spot to color in the activities we would be doing each day that can later be erased and changed for the next week of activities. It has seemed to be working well. We have also been more regular with our morning chores, and I'm pleased to report that the whining when it comes to working has gone down! We have been saying and repeating, "Families Clean together, and play together." Or, we'll say, "Families Work together, then play together."
Anyway here are some photos from our past week:




Nala likes to wake the boys
up from naps



R. Moses Beach

"This was my first lighthouse I've ever seen!"
Said Maddix ecstatically. 


The Wind was blowing when I used the
spray sunscreen at the beach... can you
tell where I missed??

Maddix woke up throwing up on Sunday (over did it from the beach) and Aaron cuddled right up to him and tried to make him feel better.


So did Nala

So I flew Solo to church... I actually
had time to get ready; it had to be documented

They wondered into my room the other morning,
each carrying a cup with ice and water. Both
wishing me a good morning then saying,
"Cheers." 
 ZOO DAY! Queens Zoo with our friends! 



Maddix was so hot he decided to use the hand
dryers to dry out his hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment