Saturday, July 4, 2015

OuR TrIp to UtAh
-And Back-
...Oh that flight!!!

Our trip in Utah was maxed out, with every hour utilized in one activity or another. 
I was able to work some shifts while in town and was able to pay the cost of our plane tickets to come
to town. Then when you think about eating at people's homes, work, and events, we probably saved money in grocery costs; not to mention the electricity we saved by not being home for those 3 1/2 weeks! So all in all, I think we SAVED money getting to come home and visit, 
as well as make it for both weddings, and give Travis needed space
for those final weeks of studying! And for the best news: 
TRAVIS IS DONE WITH TESTS! 
FOR REAL!
So there is just too much to write but not name a few activities from our June in Utah, We: 
co-hosted a bachelor party
attending T's wedding as her bridesmaid
Played a religious game of LIFE with Maddix
Discovery Park with little friend, Jane
Scera Pool with Larisa, the girls, and Gma Lori
Family Movie Snuggles
Several Days in Spanish Fork/Payson playing in the 
Pool, the sprinklers, hiking the grotto, making our traditional
homemade Pizza and sugar cookies, mud fights, and trains. It was a BLAST.
Also visited the Payson Temple grounds, went running, and movie nights, and playing
in this AMAZING backyard that was just plain magical to little kids!
Late night Errands with my mom once the kids were in bed
Hangin' with Aunt and Julie and all the cool older cousins
Zoo Day! 
Orem Fest Parade with all the Hornberger Cousins!
Watching old Movies
Watched Gma Janet play tennis
Played with Bella-boo
Went shooting with a Green Beret and learned how to shoot a 9-11 645, and a Glock! 
Homemade "theater" party thanks to my sister
Huck Finn Days~Strawberry Days! 
Uncle Bryce's Wedding (trav in town for 23hrs)
Father's Day bbq w/ Wells family
Maddix played with Gma Juliene and Janelle
Saw Inside Out and LOVED it! 
Lunch with Feli, Vesi, and their littles
Playdate with the Preschool buddies
Sonic lunch with Aaron 
Runs to Bridal veil falls w/ Stephanie
Hike to Stewart Falls where Maddix RAN throught the WATERFALL! 
All by himself!!
Lunch with Gma Lori
Lunch with Gpa Vaughn & Gma Lori
Sprinklers on the tramp at Keili's 
Attended a customer's 90th bday party
Met my "nephew" teddy at the hospital:) 
Farewell game night with my closest work friends
Park City-Slide and Roller Coaster! 
Then the TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, MISERABLE trip home... but that is another story. 































































The Flight home: 
The miserable, horrible, stressful, slightly funny (in a Kill Me sort of way), and Blessed flight home started Monday as we headed to the airport at 7:50pm. The airport was empty as we quickly checked in and said our goodbye's with plenty of time to spare before our 10:40pm flight.  Aaron hadn't slept well the past few nights, nor had he had a nap so I knew if I could just keep him awake until the flight then he would pass out! And Maddix had spent a long day playing in the sun and also was ready to sleep. So we waited. and waited. 
The first delay our plane was only pushed back 30mins. We met a couple with 2 kids ages 5 and 3; we all became instant friends and took turns entertaining/ running around with the kids.  
Second Delay: they announced something wrong with a tire and had no time estimate. Midnight came and left; same with 1:00am... at that point we knew 2 tires were bad and one of the wheels was fixed but they were struggling to track down a second one. 
Finally around 2:00am they called it and cancelled the flight. The kids were DONE. Aaron went full out 2-year old tantrum as we waited in line to re-book our flight :S He screamed bloody murder in my arms all the way until he finally just fell asleep in my arms... which then led me to wonder how I was going to collect all our bags since they airline wouldn't hold them over night. 
I almost lost it. I just wanted to cry as I wondered how to get home, or even where to go, because jetblue's systems were all down and we couldn't even get hotel vouchers... but I didn't cry. 
I called my mom six times to wake her up and make her drive the hour to get me at 2:30am. Blessedly, the couple behind me overheard my debate on how to collect my bags and quickly volunteered to help me out. They carried bags, even carried Aaron when my arms went numb, and waited on the curb with me the entire time until my mother came; I love that about Utah. We made it to bed at 3:30am. 
7:00am came too early. We found out our new flight time and that we had to be out of the house by 8:30 just to get there on time. As we went to leave the house Aaron threw up all over me. Then in the toilet. Then he threw up all on the ride to the airport. And THEN during baggage check, and all through security. I just carried bag under his chin and when he'd prepare to vomit we'd stop and I'd sit down to get him aimed right. Then we'd stand up and move forward in line again. YES, everyone was staring. We met back up with our friends from the night before and they helped get me up to the gate. They also shared their meal vouchers with us so we could get some food. At this point Aaron switched from throwing up to severe Diarrhea... and when I packed 8 diapers I thought for SURE that would be enough, but I quickly dwindled to 2 for the last of the 6hrs. Oh, and our flight was once again delayed....
We FINALLY boarded the plane with a poopy bum, but I just didn't think I should use a diaper yet. Aaron began screaming as soon as I buckled him in! He just cried and tried to escape. I gave him a sucker trying to stop the crying but it merely muffled the cry and made it a little more bearable. As we lifted in the air Aaron dozed off, sitting straight up, with the sucker in his hand. He would cry anytime I took the sucker from him. But he finally fell asleep. For 2 hrs there was peace. 
The rest of the flight I could handle, even when Aaron woke up and had pooped through his pants and onto the seat and I had to clean all that up. But I was prepared with more clothes, bags, wipes, and the last two diapers even made it to the end. 
Then we found out Travis couldn't be the one to pick us up because he got stuck in surgery:( 
But then he surprised us and made it:) 
And that hellish experience, laced with blessings is over..... 
and I never want to do it again!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment