Monday, February 1, 2016

A Travis Week

Travis:
His stressful trip turned into a "Travis week." After arriving at 4:30am Tues morning and doing his last interview that day, he was able to meet up with his good friend, Ajay who's living in Chicago and hung out for the day. Wed he worked. Thursday he set out to explore downtown Chicago, in a Ferris Beuler manner. While at the Art Institute of Chicago, he sent me the photo that Cameron stares at, then a close up of his face, and played out that scene:) That night he went to see Star wars and ended up with an entire theater to himself for the showing; lucky! Then Friday while trying to convince me he was just calling on a break he soon gave away that he received a text from the doctor that the power was out so he didn't have to go to work and he was driving home! I was SO excited!

Lacey:
I was slightly sick throughout the week so I played around with the boys a lot and put off cleaning and homework. I also took 5 days and de cluttered all the rooms in the house. I am so excited that everything is packed back in the boxes they should be in, and that I finally rid myself of tons of junk we had no business holding onto! I got to talk to a lot of family this week and am getting really excited about the activities we want to do in May when we visit Utah.

Maddix & Aaron:
This week THESE particular boys have been a real test of patients. We are extremely fortunate to have two healthy, intelligent, confident, and driven boys. But it's also very hard having two boys so active, smart enough to become sassy, fearless to the point of recklessness, and so determined to put their own mark on the world that they want NOTHING to do with your rules or authority. I know it's a stage, but I am so ready for the endless whining over losing at games, the hoarding of toys, outbursts over having to help out, the lying to test boundaries, and the surprising level of selfishness to go away. Again, I have good boys. Our boys are so loving and caring, and that's what makes it hard about this recent turn of behavior... because it's just SO not our good Boy. Where is that good boy? If i'm not mistaken... 5 is supposed to be the golden age: Terrible 2's, Thrashing 3's, Ferocious 4's, and the Fabulous 5's??? Also Aaron is currently asleep on the couch after a monstrous fit with his mouth in pain; apparently he is cutting a tooth and he does NOT feel well. Seeing as we can't leave the house with him like this I'm curious what we're going to eat because I'm supposed to be grocery shopping! Fridge surprise it is for dinner!

The boys were SO excited however, when they woke up Saturday morning to find their daddy home! He snuggled with them during morning cartoons, and then we went sledding at the park on what was left of the snow. This almost did not go well. The first time down the hill that the boys took, their weight together shifted the sled right into the fence around the baseball field, sending Aaron right into it. Travis and i ran over to find Aaron with a mouth full of blood. THANKFULLY, he'd only minorly bit his tongue and wanted to continue; we moved to a safer and less icy hill and continued with an afternoon of fun!! Then we went home and Travis helped me sift through boxes for de-junking that ended up in an afternoon of reminiscing over old memories! 
At church someone didn't show up for their talk and instead of filling in time, Bishop just announced we'd take this time to end early. So church ended 30 mins early:D 
At home i was so tired Trav had me nap 1 1/2hrs and I awoke to Aaron saying, "mom we make'd yu a birfday cake." And a Maddix rushing over, "No! No we're not. We're just, ya know, baking other stuff. It's not a cake. And it's not for you... Aaron, come on." And Travis made me a cake from scratch since he would be working on my birthday and I just thought it was entirely sweet of my boys; especially when the cake came out somewhat in pieces, and there was only a drizzle of icing. It was lovely irony for all the cakes I've ruined over the years:D 




The Bean




That face! 

Pure Joy! 



My boys! 
Trip down memory lane.
"I wonder if I still fit my scouting
shirt." Hahahaha! 
Aaron's face while singing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment