Sunday, February 21, 2016

~Just a Week~

At church today we had Ward Conference, and my bishop emphasized how they felt pressed to have our read the Book Of Mormon by Pioneer Day, and then he issued another challenge he wanted us to focus on until this coming conference. His 3 Goals were: 
1. Wake up each morning and ponder, "What am I going to do today?" What do we really want out of the day/ What do we want to avoid. 
2. Pray for personal revelation; whether it's revelation about fixing your weaknesses, or something you've been needing help with, but really seek it each day. 
3. ACT on these received revelations. 

It's the 3rd one that really struck me
I often have well meant intentions to get the boys to the park...
visit a sick sister in the ward...
take dinner to a struggling family...
or seek someway to give more service to my neighbors...

I always mean well, but end up needing to finish homework, or clean, or make my own family dinner, or the biggest reason: I don't like driving here, finding parking, or having to go somewhere I haven't gone before... the list just goes on and on and I don't ACT on these promptings. Whether it's following through on my own tasks, or things to do for others. SO I was really grateful for that message and challenge today. 

This week was mainly blah. Travis worked nights all week and I either snuggled up with Nala and ate oreos while watching the WORST and Cheesiest chick flicks on Netflix, or doing homework. Aaron is for some reason waking up every two hours again. Travis has been getting home anywhere from 2:00am-5:00am, then the dog has been sick and threw up all last night... so this week we didn't sleep much. We are just fine, and understand that happens, but it just made for a dirtier home, pent up boys, and a lot of lazy days:) And that's really it. Except the highlight was definitely being able to take Aaron with me to V.T. so he could play with his little friend Uka. On the way home I told him, "Thanks for coming with me so we could be together." He told me "Thanks for bringing me. Love you Mommy." 
Oh!!! And I got to go running twice this week! It was like living again. One time I was running home, looking at the skyline, and Piano Guys "Peponi" came on and I could smell all the bakeries and laundry sent in the air as I ran down the road; heaven. The second time wasn't my smartest idea: We drove to Travis's hospital so he could grab a paper and while he drove home, I thought I'd run.
HA! As he drove off I realized it was only 25 degrees... and the neighborhood wasn't the BEST... 
BUT HEY! There is no motivation to run in the cold then a neighborhood you just can't wait to get out of... ha ha ha... oh :S
That was our week. 

It was one of those weeks with him!




Sick Pup




No comments:

Post a Comment