Tuesday, February 16, 2016

~Valentines Weekend~

We had a wonderful Valentines weekend full of family time; the best way to celebrate. 
On Friday night we went out to Long Island and ate at Cheesecake Factory! The drive there and back, as well as the entire time we were out to eat was just wonderful to be together. There is something extra special about getting to drive somewhere here in NY; it's just nice to talk in the privacy of our own car. 

Saturday was bone chillingly cold! The wind was dropping the temperature to a -35 degrees! And we were crazy enough to go out in it. We dropped the boys off with my VT companion and her family so they could watch the boys, and Trav and I headed to the temple. Kicker was we took the subway to save money and froze to the bone, when thanks to subway construction it ended up being a wash; only in the car we could've parked at the temple... ah, oh well, right? The session was absolutely AmAzInG! Seriously, I've been on the verge of tears ever since; happy, spiritual tears:) 

~Sunday, Valentines Day~
Both Travis and I spoke in Sacrament Meeting on Charity and the Love of Christ. For the rest of church the men took over all the callings so the women could enjoy their meetings. Maddix gave a talk in sharing time as well, with Trav's assistance and then bore his testimony all on his own! I barely missed it! I was so devastated, but seriously so proud of him!! All of church was just perfect; such a wonderful and perfect day at church. At home the boys played while Trav cooked this amazing Valentines dinner (I helped a little): Potato Salad, Caesar Salad, lemon asparagus, the most delicious steak, and TRES LECHES!!!! AHH I just died while we ate; everything was perfect. 
And I think my favorite part was that this Valentines Day I just felt like all our hearts were in the right place. 

And that was our awesome Weekend. 
Now onto our last three weeks of "heavy" rotations and then we're home free! 






My FAVORITE!! 

Travis hadn't been home two minutes when this
happened! 



No comments:

Post a Comment