Monday, December 12, 2016

~Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree~

This past week was so much fun just focusing on Christmas in so many different ways. And we feel so blessed that the weather held out as long as it did, but man the snow is pretty! I love all the untouched fields covered in a sheet of sparkling white snow. I wish my front yard still looked that way... however, I have lovely little boys who've enjoyed more than just looking at the snow from inside:) And that's good too. 
Last Sunday is when the snow started and it was already melting. The boys were distraught and kept begging to play; I was torn as it was a Sunday and we don't really play outside. I could definitely tell this was very important though, so we made a compromise: they could play outside IF they picked a character from the scriptures to build as their snowman; they built Snow-Lehi and he led them into a snowy wilderness. 
We've also enjoyed our hot chocolate bar, cookies, had Christmas themed school activities, received Christmas cards (which we love), a ward Christmas party, Christmas movies, a Christmas party with Trav's work, and two very ritzy Christmas parties that I just wondered how on earth we'd even been invited too... It was pretty fun to see how the other half lives ;) 
Snow Lehi



His reindeer donut

 Ward Christmas program


The boys LOVE homemade hot choc. 

 My little helper! 

Received a Christmas package we could open early!

I was sneaking around the corner to take a picture, as
Travis was sneaking up to pummel me with a dodgeball
And this was the result! 

This was at one of our parties... These gentlemen
spent $7,000 on this tree... and that was a sign to what
the rest of the house was like! 

2nd Ritzy party of the night; definitely an amazing night! 

Maddix: "Mom can we please go play in the snow with dad?"
me: he is just shoveling the driveway, not playing.
Maddix: "Mom, can we please go out and give service with dad??" 

Annual Christmas book reading with Grandpa Vaughn, even
if we can't be there in person.
I love Christmas time. I'm so grateful to our Lord for coming to this earth and giving us the greatest gift of all. I'm grateful for the daily opportunities I have to try and serve those around me, and that my  children are learning to serve. And I'm truly grateful that when I make mistakes and need to start over I can because of the Gift the Lord gave me. 
~Remember the True Meaning of Christmas~

No comments:

Post a Comment