Sunday, August 20, 2017

The last of our Utah Trip!

Our Last four days in Utah
(but first, I failed to mention that last Saturday, while I was at the baby shower Travis, his dad, and the boys had their "Boys Day" instead of going camping. They did manly things like test drive jacked up trucks, played catch, and ended with some video games). Okay, now for our final days in Utah:

Sunday: We went to our cousin's in West Jordan for a mission call celebration. McKay will be serving in the Pittsburg, PA mission. Then we rushed back to East Provo to do dessert with our wonderful friends, the Blanchard's and to see their beautiful new home.

Monday: 7peaks with my brother and his friend. Picked Tayla up and went to play on the treehouse and say goodbye to Papa Ken and Nana Marilyn. Back to the house to play with Larisa's kids. Travis had a brother's night (In replacement of their hike) of video gaming while us girls sewed until 1am.




Tuesday: Went to the park with Becca and her boys (It was good to see her and meet her boys in person). We had lunch at my grandma's where the boys had SO much fun running around with cousins. We played at Scott and Sarah's where Maddix and Alex disappeared to play Pokemon cards, Aaron played with the two dogs, and baby Clair kept attacking my belly to see where the baby was:) Tuare stopped by so I could hold/meet Baby Milo (he has so much hair!). Off to dinner with my dad and Wendy at Red Robins to say goodbye, as well as celebrate her new job that I'm so excited for her to start!




Wednesday: Travis and the boys went to Larisa's to play while I bought garments that will actually fit my giant body! We met Gma Juliene and "Aunt Janelly" at rock canyon park where they played an inventive game of horseshoes using giant marshmallows in a grocery sack, as well as "mellow wars." They took us to the creamery for ice-cream and then took the boys home for more fun and games (rotten apple throwing, looked at a pirate ship treehouse, hide 'n' seek, and heard a Gma Juliene story). Meanwhile Travis hung out with Garett, and I went to get my hair done.
P.s. It was our 9 year Anniversary... Happy Anniversary love; we were both so tired, I snuggled up and fell asleep on his lap while we watched a movie. I truly enjoyed celebrating in a way that was comfortable, and something you'd only do with your best friend!



Thursday: Shop, pack, prep, pack, clean, repeat. Gpa Vaughn came home early to hang with the boys. He blind folded them and had them taste test fritters. Then they all put on flags, including Nala, and played some flag football out front :) Later Gma Donna stopped by for some goodbye loves, and just like that our last day was over.... for the boys. Once they were asleep I squeezed in one final walk with Vaughn, and then played a few rounds of Mario Kart with Garett, Gloria, and Travis before calling it a night.
Watching a movie after some bad luck with bug bites
and bee stings for Maddix

26 1/2 weeks and I FINALLY bought
proper fitting garments! 



Friday: We gave final hugs to Vaughn, Lori, and Garett and hit the road by 6am. The boys made it 4hrs before needing a movie. They never had to go to the bathroom aside from when we'd stop for gas. And we enjoyed eating and chasing squirrels in a park in Cheyenne, Wyoming. After 12hrs of driving we spent the night in Kearney, NE, thankful we were able to leave a day early and avoid the Eclipse nonsense!

Saturday: We finished out our 7hrs and made it home! Instantly we set to work on the car: washed, unloaded (w/ help from our sweet neighbor, Glenn) vacuumed, leather treated the seats, etc. to make it like we haven't been living in it the past 7 weeks! Then the Garage... we couldn't get the car in because it was covered in construction project remnants... from ..... our gorgeous new bathroom renovation!!! 

Travis did an amazing job with his project! And after I deep, deep cleaned it, I took a MUCH NEEDED bath, iced my swollen feet while snuggling my wonderful Travis, and then had the BEST night's sleep I've had in 7 1/2 weeks in my OWN bed, with TONS of pillows to prop my giant body up, and my a/c turned WAY down. It. Was. Heaven.

27 weeks yesterday:) 
Now to get the house back into shape, and enjoy our final week of summer before BOTH the boys and I start school back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment