Sunday, August 13, 2017

Week 7 (last full week) in Utah:

This last week was full of fun events like 7peaks with my brother, celebrating my mom's birthday, my dad's birthday (which was the first time my dad, siblings, and I have been together in 4years), visiting with people we haven't seen in quite a long time, a date night with Travis while the boys spent Friday night up at my Dad/Wendy's house, and a wonderful baby shower (hosted by my life-long friend, Mackenzie) to celebrate little Adeline Ainslee Johnson (we're 95% sure this will be here name, so I'm going to introduce that here, but that can always change:). I loved the shower! I loved all the pink. I loved being able to see people who mean so much to me before we leave again for another year; it was a highlight in our trip here! 

As our last weekend in Utah is finally/already ending I've been thinking about time. I have a very "natural man" tendency to wish for things I don't have in the moment, and then not appreciate them when I do. I counted down the days until our trip was here, too excited to come home and visit. Being here, I've had up's and down's of loving how long we've been here, and really missing home (granted, since Trav arrived I find I haven't missed it as much; I think I just missed him;). And knowing me we'll get home this weekend and then my heart will ache for Utah and all the fun times we've had this summer... it really has been busy and fun! 

In church we sang a hymn today that really resonated with me: 
" Time flies on wings of lightening; we cannot call it back. It comes then passes forward a long its onward track. And if we are not mindful, the chance will fade away, for life is quick in passing. 'Tis as a single day." 
These lines are absolutely beautiful to me, and serve as a real reminder to focus on the here an now for all it has to offer. So here is to enjoying our last 4 days on this wonderful trip!! 


Hi faces, ha ha


26 Weeks!







Love these girls! 





My lovely NY ladies! 






My silly sisters

Two hot blonds ;)


The first of our girl items! 

No comments:

Post a Comment