Monday, July 2, 2012

* Goodbye June~Hello July! *

Goodbye June, we shall miss you. You were a great month for us and I feel like we made the most of you. That being said: WELCOME JULY! I think July might be my favorite month of the year (tied with Oct & Dec), what am I saying, they're all great, but I really love the 4th of July, so I'm excited to be celebrating it in a few short days. But before I jump ahead of myself here is a "catch up" on the end of the month and the first  few days into July:

Last Thursday's Highlight was definitely our dinner/sports night we had up at my Uncle Scott's (he's such a stud). He asked us to teach him how to shoot soccer goals so we all packed our stuff over to PG High school's fields and kicked the ball. We didn't even end up starting dinner until 8:30pm and ended up leaving around 11:00pm.... so Maddix ended up looking like this before we even finished hopping in the car.

Friday's Highlight involved Maddix "Rolling in the dough"

 and helping at my Father-in-law's Single's Ward Activity. He's recently been called as the Bishop and these kids don't even know how good they've got it between the Bishop's family and one of his councelor's wives (she catered my reception, if any of you remember our Cafe Rio salad and tres leches?). They had a club type dance and dinner get together and Travis, Tayla, Colton, and I all went over to help. What with 7 years of waitressing under my belt, I guess he needed to bring in an expert ;)
Saturday I got to work with one of my very good friends and the day went pretty quick. From there we drove to Salt Lake for Grandpa Herb's (Trav's Mom's side) belated Father's Day Dinner... say that three times. We enjoyed seeing everyone for the first time since being home, ate a lot, and then made it over to swim at the pool; well everyone else swam and Maddix and I got in and out of the pool because he couldn't decide if he liked it or not.
                                              (no pictures, sorry)

Sunday: I worked... boo:) But Travis enjoyed taking Maddix to the FIRST NURSERY he's every attended! They said he did extremely well, that he ate SO well (of course, because they fed him fishy crackers, his favorite), that he played well, and never even whined for us. He even brought home an art project they made, his first ever at church:
And then we ended the night with a quick walk to the river trail... but quick is what I meant due to the Mosquitoes attacking.

Monday/Today: Maddix woke up this morning with a blood curdling scream and I jumped out of bed to find his head shoved up against the mesh netting of the port-a-crib he's been demoted back into and for a minute he just squeezed my hand while I tickled his back as he fell back to sleep. Well after that I couldn't go back to sleep, so at 5:30am I made my way into the front room and actually did NOT hop on facebook, but instead browsed around different talks on the lds.org website. I really enjoyed starting my day out that way instead. .... then there was some cleaning.....  lots of cleaning. After which my mom and sisters came over and we went for a walk. And for the most part we spent the whole day outside:




Meanwhile, all day while we were doing our thing, Travis was doing and looking like this:



:) And now ALL OF THAT is ringed in the tub and in the sink..................... so tomorrow will involve more cleaning.

So then to end the night Maddix and Nala went to my parents for awhile while we went to dinner at Cafe Rio, ran a couple of errands and then went and picked him up.

And that's the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment