Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pleasant Grovian's...

In Poland, you're Polish. In Provo, you're Provonians (I think :). Here in Pleasant Grove, would we be... Grovian's?
No matter the name, we are loving the area. Each day, Maddix wakes up all too happy to have a big house to rome around in, a large yard to explore, and some happy routines! Some things we see on typical days:

Naps. Thanks to daylight savings, our schedule has been a bit thrown off; however, for the past three or so days, this temporary new schedule has been so nice. We sleep in until almost 8:00am! It's incredible. Then Aaron has been napping from 10:00am-12:00, and again from 3:00-4:30! Then he goes to bed at 7:00pm. If I could keep this schedule for ever and ever... I'd probably choose, heck ya!
Wild Life. Being out here I've woken up to see deer in our yard, a random dog scavenging our Ice cycles, a cat that comes over to play with Maddix probably once a week, I think we're his every once in awhile home:) We have a GIANT next housing a magpie family,  and of course... turkeys just chilling on our wall! 

Play Time. The other day Maddix was very excited by the sun that was shining so he went out on our balcony and played for quite some time. This was pretty out of the ordinary since he always wants someone to be outside playing with him. But the poor boy had been cooped up inside for so long getting over this yucky cold, he was all too happy to get out and enjoy the warmth:) He laid on the rocking swing, watched the cars go by, drove his car along the railing, and eventually brought his scooter up to ride back and forth. It was at this point he came in to tell me about all the fun he was having:)

Babysitting. I've mentioned too that I've been working a lot lately, so the boys have constantly been watched my everyone else. I'm so grateful that Travis was able to watch them a ton before diving back into studying, and that I have so many other family members around so I know the boys are having a good time. Today, this is what I came home from work to find:)
That's right, that's my dad
on the skateboard, with
Maddix trailing behind
on his scooter:) 

They were having a great time out
in that beautiful backyard.
I Love it out here. I love the privacy. The simplicity of such a small town area, the fact that we live pretty close to my family who come over for dinners, lunches, play dates with Maddix, yard projects, and to help babysit.
I've never had a lot of family time like this really my whole life and I'm so happy we finally have an opportunity to get to know my family more than just seeing everyone every other week at Grandma's house.

It's also been fun watching Aaron grow so big and learn so much! This house is perfect for him to crawl around in. We have a fun routine at food times where he starts up at the table eating his finger foods; this is when I prep all our food. Then he takes a bottle while we eat our meal. After he finishes his bottles, he crawls out of the carseat where I always prop him up to eat and crawls back to the kitchen to eat all the fallen food off the floor. At that point I try to clean up the dishes. It usually works out pretty well:)
He went to town on his pancake!

So Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment