Monday, March 10, 2014

Spare No Hair, and other happenings

As many of many of my blogs state, Maddix is growing too quickly for me. It's one thing that he's three years old, and it's a whole other thing that he is SO smart. The only thing that keeps me from crying each time I see him grow up a little more is his baby curls. Nowadays they're long locks of love that wave and mop top all over the place, but still, I see them and I see my baby. 
 However, recently Travis MADE me (and deep down I knew it had to be done) get him a big boy haircut. So for the very first time in his life, he went to a salon to get his hair cut (Trav has always just trimmed it up). While there, we learned that Maddix has a TON of cow licks, and it's a good thing his hair is longer, thicker, and curly or the poor boy would look somewhat crazy :)
So hansom 
Look at that grown up child! 

Travis: 
 I call him the Do it All man because that's what he is. Since arriving home he has dabbled in a little bit of everything. He's gone from being a bachelor living all alone with no noise or interruptions each day to being a full time father, student, husband, man of the house, and Master (for Nala ;). He came home just in time to help me with my broken and and to purchase a new one. He arrived in the nick of time to help me with Nala's surgery decision. Since he's been home it seems that all my sitters have disappeared and he's become a full-time babysitter while i've been working 6 days a week. Not only does he watch the boys, but he's SUCH a GOOD dad. He's been working on Maddix's baseball skills with him in the backyard. He's turned on the fire pit and taken the boys out in the evening to have some time together. He brought his skateboard out to Grandma's and goes out with Maddix's scooter and they just ride for like an hour. He's taken me for some runs because I've been feeling down about being out of shape.
Hanging out with Dad
(only word he can say)
 He's gone for family walks with us while the weather is nice. In an attempt to convince me to move to the South for Residency he spent his entire Sunday cooking, while watching the boys, and making a GIANT Southern meal consisting of Buttermilk Chicken, Gumbo soup, Cajian fries, potato salad, and fabulous peach pie. He's just been so amazing in providing everything for everyone. Also I recently found out I can't run for awhile until we figure out what's wrong with my foot so I'm having to switch to biking. So he wasted no time in finding me a bike, fixing it up, ordering me a trailer to hook to the bike for the boys, and finding an App on my phone so I can track my progress while I bike. OH, and the other night he even saw me driving down the road, ran to the garage to open it for me so I didn't have to get out and open it, then had the bedspread turned down with my pajamas nicely folded on my pillow. He's just the best. Throw in a few back tickles and massages, and you can see what he's been busy doing... this is all on top of continuing to study for his boards exam. Now it's been so nice having him around, but today we had to officially turn him back over to his studying. Our new schedule from now until June will essentially look like this:
Mon-Sat
 5:30- Wake up and study in the office
8:00- Breakfast, leave to the library
8:30-Study... all day...
 6:00- pack up, head home
 6:30- Dinner
7:00- End of night questions
 8:00- Work out
 9:00- Shower
 9:30- Lacey time (usually we'll watch an episode or two from the week)
10:30- Bed
Sun:
These are completely off from studying and are going to be our favorite day of the week. 
 Throw in a date night once a week, and a temple trip once a month... and if we're lucky he can join us for a quick f.h.e activity on Monday's and that's his week; fun eh?

Aaron killed them both! 

Lacey 
I've been so blessed to be working just about five and six days a week this past month! It's been tiring and I really miss the boys at times, but with having to get a new car, a trailer for the bike, Nala's surgery, and life in general, we've had the real opportunity of not struggling financially. Like a said, the Lord has really been watching over us, and I'm so grateful.
 Other than work I've been going to the podiatrist on and off for my foot that has been giving me problems the past two years. I have Lateral Column syndrome, where I run and walk on the very outer edge of my foot; so with too much repetitive impact on that cuboid bone I've fractured and re-fractured it and now we're not sure what sort or remaining damage has been done. With working so much lately, it's made it tricky to go running without my feet killing. My Podiatrist told me to stop running and switch to biking (as mentioned above). I'm bummed about sitting out another running season, but I can't wait for my bike trailer to show up so I can load the boys up and kill two birds with one stone. I'll be able to just put them in and get them outside while also getting a work out. 
I've been so happy since moving to Grandma's; there is so much space for us. I love grocery shopping... THAT'S really where I spend a ton of money each month. But I love buying the healthy fruits/veggies and whole grain bread that really feeds the body vs. the cheap crap we're used to getting; it makes me happy to open my fridge and see nothing but healthy meal
options and snacks! I've really fallen behind on blogging and I've been too cheap to buy a new journal. I really need to do that because we've had some great moments that I've already forgotten most of since it wasn't written down! Also, two funny things Maddix has said lately. The first was over a Victoria Sectret Swimsuit Magazine that came in the mail the other day. There was a girl on the cover in a tiny little suit with a gorgeous body, of course. He looked at it and then said to me, "Mom this girl looks just like you!" I was so flattered until he finished with, "Yah, she has the biggest ears in the world, just like you!" Sigh, he should've stopped before that. Then another day I was getting ready for work and he asked me why I use make up. I told him, girls use it to look pretty, and he told me, " I think you're already pretty mom." It got me thinking about what we think we look like, what others think, how are kids see us, and how God sees us... I hope I look "good" to all them (a good person that is). 
1/2 face with make-up, other 1/2 without
Oh, one last thing, I made my first ever Cheesecake! It was a Reese's chips and cherry cake. I was pleased with it's turn out. 

Maddix
 This boy is a whirl wind of energy, imagination, and emotions. He's been sick lately, so that's really where the emotions come from. That, and he doesn't sleep well so he's so tired. He and Aaron wake each other up all night and every time I think we're done with the middle of the night wake ups, they prove me wrong. He's still wicked smart and is dying to be challenged more. We've created some school lessons and are now starting "home school," today being the first day back into it; he's working on tracing his letters, numbers, and shapes, recognizing three letter words, memorizing his phone number, and reading the time on the clock/knowing what we do at that time of the day.  He's tired of having me work so much, but has been a good sport since he's been able to play with his daddy. I think it won't be so nice for him once it's other ppl babysitting him again. He also loves living out here, and that makes me happy.
Hiking on one of our Wednesday Outings

 Aaron 
HE is on the go all the time. Crawls everywhere. Talks all the time in his baby talk. Eats... always... and everything. Wants his brothers stuff. Loves to pull hair and earrings. Puts everything his mouth. Crawls up the stairs. Desperately wants to walk, and can with his walker toy. Always smiles. Is now giving kisses. Laughs at so many things. Loves pulling dishes out of the dishwasher. Has been super sick and doesn't like anything.... if he's not eating or sleeping he's crying, which has been very hard for me. And just wants to be a big boy so he can keep up with his brother.


Nala 
 Recovering from her hysterectomy and has recently taken the cone off. She wants to run and play and jump and eat and chew and snuggle.... and that is her saying she is back to her old self!!

No comments:

Post a Comment