Monday, April 15, 2013

~Arrival of Spring!!!~

I can't tell you how much we've been loving the transformation from Winter to Spring; it doesn't even bother us that it rains for a little bit every day because ANYTHING is better than the SNOW:) We've even switched from our Winter wear to the inner shells of our coats. We've been in the 40's and 50's, yeeha! After enjoying a dinner at Anna and Arek's on Thursday after our Doctor's appointment, we woke up Friday and "went to school."
He was just too cute during Art time
I had to snap a photo
Friday Night Fun (Maddix was after the "Monkey")

During Recess we played with the Balloon

Saturday I woke up and went to the gym with Anna and was pretty pleased with the  progress I made with my work out and when we finished she was so nice to take me grocery shopping. I ended up saving some money on my groceries thanks to Anna reading labels and helping me choose cheaper brands. The morning was pretty much perfect except for the guilt I was feeling in the back of my mind thinking about poor little Maddix just sitting at home in the apt while Travis studied away, probably just watching a movie; all the while the weather outstide was GORGEOUS. So when I got to the car and found a missed call from Travis, I was extremely pleased to find out that Travis had taken a break from studying so that he and Maddix could have a ~Father-Son morning~
They went for a walk to the castle

Playing at the Castle Grounds Park

LOVING his morning out

While they were playing at the park Travis said there was a little Polish girl that Maddix played really well with; he said Maddix went up to her and said, "I'm Maddix," and she repeated "I'm Maddix." Then she told him a Polish phrase, "Ja tesh" and he repeated it to her. Apparently they had so much fun together but then she had to leave. When Travis tried to get Maddix to leave, he was obviously in NO MOOD to go so Travis quickly whipped up a bribe; Ice cream. And funny enough there was the little girl with her parents, getting ice cream... glad to know Travis wasn't alone:)

On their way home they called to see if I was back yet, which I wasn't, and Maddix blurted out, "We bought you flowers!" I wasn't sure if I heard him right, and he repeated what he said and I could hear Travis in the background telling him it was supposed to be a secret... something he's not good at yet:) So when I got home I was greeted by my boys, and Maddix was holding my flower.
They were quite tasty

Travis said they had been walking past all the freshly opened flower shops when he asked Maddix if he thought Mommy would like some flowers. Maddix was all too excited to buy some and he kept going to the arrangements and smelling them saying, "not this one... not this one... These!" And those are the ones he chose; they are tulips straight from Holland. Then all the way home Travis said the boy kept saying, "Mommy's going to be SO HAPPY!" And he could barely hang in there until he could show them to me so they had to call. Do I have the best boys or what?! Then Anna, Arek, and James stopped by and brought us some freshly made pastries from his mother, who is ALWAYS baking up cakes and pastries... and since Anna doesn't eat sugar, we often get sent the tasty treats:) It's a bit of good and bad situation for me ;) They were so pretty this time I just had to snap a photo:

They were shaped into flowers even
with jam centers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment