Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pregnancy Post: 28 Weeks



-sorry I forgot to take a photo this week-
Weekly Pregnancy Questions

How far along?  28 Weeks! Which means 7 months!! Which means 3rd and final trimester!!!
How big is baby?  2 1/2 lbs, 16inches however at my apt this past week, baby is measuring a little smaller in the head, longer in the legs, etc.
Names? 
Aaron Falco Johnson. We even received our first baby present. A blanket made by our dear friend with baby Aaron's name embroidered on it; so it's official:)
Maternity clothes? 
Umm.... yes, definitely  
Weights gain?  I weighed in at 58kg, so 127lbs for a total of 15lbs gained thus far. Much better than I did with Maddix, but we are pretty sure now that I had many undiagnosed symptoms from my thyroid that we didn't even know about... like weight gain, and swelling!
  Feeling the baby move?   All the time. In fact, Maddix was never one to lay high in my stomach; he was always lower and made my belly go egg shaped. This little baby however, has just decided to stretch himself out and I am now experiencing that up-in-the-ribs pain that many women talk about. Oh boy, I don't like when he pushes those little feet into my ribs!  
Food cravings:  Not this past little bit. Well, Orange Juice always, but I haven't been too hungry.
Happy or moody? 
Happy! But how could I NOT be with Spring having just Arrived! Everyday is literally sunnier than the last and the grass really is becoming greener on the other side
Sleeping? 
Once again, I am not a side sleeper, enough said.
Best moment(s) of the week?
Not sure these count as "bests" but definitely most awkward thanks to little baby:) 

  • I went to the gym this past week and first off, Polish women do NOT work out pregnant, and second, they really just stick to the treadmill and bike area. So when I walked into the weights room in a bright Neon Pink shirt, smuggling a beach ball sized belly under it you should have seen the jaws drop. All the meat-head men just stared as if to say, "does she KNOW where she is?? Do you think the KNOWS what state she is in (the state of pregnancy, duh, I think I know). And better yet, the personal trainer who decided to take extra good care of me, placed me on a machine, front and center the rest of the room and I basically felt every eye on me like I was leading a class! Anytime I glanced into the mirrors in front of me about 10 guys turned their head, while a few more just kept staring. Then the next time at the gym I hopped on a machine and the trainer came over and said, "no this one is not for you... (he could see my annoyance)... but that is just my opinion as a trainer... and I've been training for 35 years." Do you think I stayed on that machine? Of course not. 
  • Secondly as I mentioned baby is up in my ribs recently and I had to go to the bathroom when all of a sudden I had a deep sneeze come on. I knew what was coming but I couldn't stop it and as I sneezed the baby jammed his heels into my ribs vigorously; and yes, I peed a little if I'm being honest! 
Anything making you queasy?   Fish smell, and banana chips, and the garbage is starting to smell more pungent these days
 
How is the bump?  It's leaving the cute stage and becoming a mountain 
Missing anything?   My clothes fitting, tying my shoes and shaving with ease, sleeping on my back, being able to jump up and down without my back hurting for days, miss bending over easily.  
Belly button?  Tiny, but still in; what a trooper
Looking forward to? Maddix being able to hold his little brother. Having it actually feel real that Im' having a 2nd child, receiving that adorable blanket I mentioned before, knowing all the worrying over my pregnancy levels has all been worth it.
Dad?  Has already begun teasing the baby by chasing him around with a flashlight, shifting my stomach around, pressing his hand on my stomach (because the baby does NOT like the presence of Trav's hand; neither did Maddix). He also teases my through the same actions to get the baby wiggling because HE thinks it's funny:) But really through it all is Still such a gentleman in the way he treats me in being a pregnant woman. Love his guts really.

No comments:

Post a Comment