Thursday, November 7, 2013

Baby Update: 4 months old!

Honestly, I am in love with that face.

Sleep: We're entering more of a routine, however, every time I think we're about standard enough that I can plan my mornings around your wake up time, you surprise me with a new wake up call; you like to keep me guessing. Before daylight savings time (boo, to d-L-S-T):

  • You either wake up to eat at 6:00 or 7:00am
  • If you eat at 6:00, you go back to sleep for another hour or two; if you eat at 7:00 then you're up for good and take a 9:00am nap for an hour or two. You typically wake up, eat, be happy for an hour or two, then go back to sleep for an hour or two. This usually allows for 40mins-1hr where you and your brother have naps at the same time; this is when I shower typically:) 
  • The evenings is hard since D-L-S-T because you're so tired come 5:00 and 6:00 so you've sort of invented a cat nap for yourself for about 20min-40mins then you're back up to bath, eat and settle into bed by 7:45-8:00pm. 
  • I still come home from work and feed you around 10:30-11:00 at which point you also get your bum changed and then go right back to sleep. 
Weight: No idea; your apt is coming up so I'll report back. However, everyone comments on what a good size baby your are:) I enjoy what rolly polly's you have:) 

Milestones: 
  • You like to stand up and lean against my bed, or the couch until your little legs cant keep you up. 

  • You can now put your lips together and vibrate them while pools of spit drip down your face
  • You grab for ANY and EVERY food or drink item in my hand. You're actually quite talented at getting my water bottle straw right into your mouth.
  • One time- when the ground was slightly slanted you rolled over. I don't get it, when you were born you rolled all over in your crib, but now you go nowhere; this honestly doesn't bug me. I like you immobile for the time being. 
  • You had your first non-breast milk foods this months. Your first was some tasts of a pudding, then the other day you gummed to death a little wafer-type cookie... and you were angry when it was gone! So you got another tiny one... and screamed when that was gone. You also suck on my apples and have had a little apple juice mixed in your bottle. You also started a tiny bit of formula last week because you eat so much I can't pump enough to feed you when I'm at work, so now your bottles are 1/2 and 1/2.   
  • You're getting good at holding our own bottle


Likes: 
  • You essentially love everything and everyone. 
  • You laugh all them time at your brother. 

  • Enjoy figuring out your furry friend, Nala
  • Today you were in hysterical fits over your cousin, Keili tickling your toes.
  • Still adore the word 'Hi' and bust into smiles at the sound of it. Now you even just smile the moment a stranger smiles at you. 
  • You're beginning to like to bounce yourself on my lap while you smile at everyone. 
  • You love to froggy kick around in the tub.
  • LOVE big people food.
  • Love shoving your fists in your mouth.
  • You're mesmerized by fires. 
  • Love being held and cuddling.
  • Love seeing your daddy on the computer and tell him stories. 
  • You now go after my phone anytime it's out
  • You are obsessed with wrapping your little fingers in my hair and SMOTHERING your face in it so it gets drooly and then rips out in your hands. 
  • You are now into giving kisses/chewing off people's faces (as seen below; it's like sucker fish)
I thought we were doing a
smiley shot, when he dive
bombed me and went in for the
kill.. I mean kiss. 



Dislikes: 
  • Very much dislike tummy-time
  • Being Constipated (who can blame you; sorry it happens so often)
  • Taking a break from eating to burp
  • Not a big fan of your car seat for long periods of time
  • Being left on the ground and not in my arms... no you like to be held... all the time. 

Anything Else: As much as I don't want to admit this, it needs to be recorded: Last Sunday you were somewhat constipated and you were screaming like there was no tomorrow. This was hard for me, especially since you're NOT a whiny baby, so I got you a warm water bottle, placed you on a blanket in your car seat, and propped your bottle up while I got Maddix and myself ready for church. About 10mins later we were ready to go and I forgot you were only sitting in the car seat and not strapped in. When I picked up the seat quickly... you flew out! Blessedly  you landed on my bed and continued screaming :( Horrible mom award. Besides that, people are always saying you are the happiest/mellowest baby they have ever met. People say you're finally growing into your eyes:) Your brother wants nothing more than to make you laugh. Your Nala Dog is always SO soft and cautious around you. You rarely cry, and if you do it's for very short moments; however the rare moments that you do go into breakdown mode are more than I can bare and can WALE out some screams that send Grandpa back to see if I need any help. You go with the flow. I still think you're my little peacemaker. When someone growls at you (like today, when baby Allie did), you look over at me, your bottom lip curls down to your chin, your eyes fill up with tears an you sob as if someone just scared you to your core; it is such a sad cry. Sometimes I can talk you down from the shock and stop your from crying before that lip completely turns upside down, but sometimes you just have to be held and snuggled so you know everything is alright. :) Oh, and you are the cutest little thing to wake up too!
Just after a nap


Stinkin' cute bear suit!


Now my last blog was a very uplifting one, and then Tues and Wed were the complete opposite days where I had fleating thoughts or running out the door and perhaps not coming home... or leaving them on the doorstep of a good home because I. Had. Had. It! We had been up all night, two nights in a row, and this lil' mommy was FRIED... that being said, I look at these photos of the moments in between the chaos, and crying, and screaming, and whining, and I am reminded why I am so blessed; 
I am in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment