Thursday, November 14, 2013

Frozen!

I am frozen to the core right now. I'm currently sitting on the couch watching Christmas Vacation and am wrapped in a blanket because I just can't take how cold I am, and you know what? I really am fine with that. 
If anyone knows me, they know that winter isn't my favorite season; by far I am a summer rat. However, I am a HUGE holiday fan and nothing paints the picture of the holiday season as much as lightly falling snow, snuggled in front of a fire, while watching a Christmas movie and sipping on hot coco (even though I only drink hot chocolate as a seasonal thing; it's not my favorite). 
So although it is freezing right now, I actually look forward to the positives that will come from winter. Things such as the days where I take the boys out to build snowmen, have snowball fights, and then come inside to snuggle up in mountains of blankets in front of a movie. Does anyone know that feeling I'm talking about? When you've had a good work out outside and nothing feels better than  hopping in a hot bath or curling under blankets... but boo to the times I have to go to work while it's snowing and cold outside! :) 
P.s. When it's cold out I get to dress the boys up in the CUTEST winter outfits...
So today I was getting ready for the day and I had left Aaron propped on a pillow with a water bottle to help his upset tummy, when I heard him begin to giggle. In fact, I began to hear both Maddix and Aaron laughing uncontrollably. I decided to go check on them and look what I walked in on: 
Maddix had picked him up and placed him on his lap, completely holding him unassisted! My first instinct was to panic, but they were fine, and as happy as they'd been all day so i grabbed the camera for a photo, instead of hurrying to take Aaron away from Maddix; he did a great job too!
Oh, and there is another benefit to it being cold in the mornings (if we are trying to be positive about the cold ;), during the summer the first thing I wanted to do each day was get out, seize the day, not waist a moment of beautiful weather, but now that it is cold in the mornings, we spend a bit more time taking the mornings easy. 

And we really have been so blessed this fall; it's been practically perfect. How is it already November 14th and we still have this gorgeous weather? The reports call for snow tomorrow and I guess that's really what inspired this post. I am sad to see the warm weather go, we've been having fun going to the park and having outings with friends, BUT it's mid November and I haven't had to scrape my windows after work even once! SO, if the reports are correct then we'll be expecting some snow tomorrow, so bring on the snowmen, I guess! 
P.s. I never blogged that I was lucky enough to get my hair done; I am finally back to my blond!!


No comments:

Post a Comment