Thursday, November 21, 2013

Weekly Update

There is so much I could write about tonight, and I have plenty of random photos I could load, but I think the most organized way to do it is to write a little about all of us. 

TRAVIS
Travis as always, plugs along studying. I can't remember if I ever recorded his 44mile bike ride but what an accomplishment so I'm going to record it ... again perhaps... He had the opportunity to accompany Anna and Arek on a beautiful bike ride to a town that's known for its healing water and spas. He's really enjoying that there is no snow in the forecast until mid December (since last year we had snow for 7 MONTHS). He has a good friend, and amazing classmate, Ajay, that he is rooming with. They switch off cooking dinners, give each other someone to talk to, and the other night I even got a picture of their GIANT cookies they made together:) And as you can see he is participating in no shave November.

All and all he misses his family a ton, but each day we talk on face time, I send him photos each day, and time is moving quickly. Oh and he's just a couple of weeks away from completing the Insanity Program! Way to go Trav! 

LACEY
My working has slowed down to 3 and 4 days a week, and the boys have been sleeping more this past week (knock on wood). I really feel like I've begun to make some friends in the ward and I'm happy I didn't have to turn around and leave them yet. I've struggled finding time and places to complete my insanity work out, but I'm still trying... we've got family photos coming up next month! I'd say the highlight of this week for me was getting to have a Girls Night with Lacey Potter, our good friend from Poland. She took me to dinner at Olive Garden, we had a great time chatting up the past, present, and future. She then came back with me to see the boys. If nothing else good had ever come from our time in Poland, I'd always be grateful we found friends in the Potters. Oh... and today I finished my Christmas Shopping!! Seriously, I think I need to buy two little presents for a couple of people but we are done. And thanks to incredible sales, we came in at a wonderful lowball price, so that is like a sweet cherry on top of my Christmas dessert! 
I LOVE my blond hair;
I missed it so much

My new Christmas Outfits


MADDIX
Well this boy had his 3 year old appointment this week where Dr. Weipert was once again very impressed with him. His motor skills, level of conversation, and problem solving, he said, is on a 4 and 5 year old level. We're thinking it might be a good idea to put him in some type of immersion class for a language because he really craves to learn another language. Growth wise he'd grown 2 inches and will now be tall enough to ride the CARS ride next time we're at Disney Land. He also lost 2 or 3lbs and I think that's because he got taller. He also got a JCW gift card for having a birthday since his last apt so we took it over right away and used it. We went to the park to eat because the weather was too good to be inside, and were lucky enough to have Mackenzie and Mercedes be in Provo so they joined us and we played the afternoon away before going home and cuddling with Nala on the floor while watching our first Christmas movie of the season (no judgements, I'm too excited to wait), Jack Frost. 
One of our walks

He and this dog are inseparable
(as much as Nala tries)

Playdate at the park

What did I tell you?

Playing Army guy while
shooting the Zombies

AARON
Well this little boy has learned to click his tongue, or smack his lips, I'm not quite sure what's making the noise, but he does it over and over. He also opened an early Christmas present (we'll wrap it later): a BUMBO chair. Little Falco man does not like to lay down. He does not like to be left alone. And he does not care that I only have two hands, so this purchase was definitely necessary. For the most part he enjoys it, but if he's not in the mood, it angers him quickly. He's had a bit of a rough week. On Monday he also had a 4month check up where he received shots that wiped him out. He's had a bit of a cold, and this week he's also been on and off constipated which makes him VERY angry; he screams this ear shattering, glass breaking, death scream when his tummy is in knots and no one is happy. Poor Falco boy. He's also been doing this underlip thing where he sucks it in and grunts and it is amazingly cute and hilarious; I have yet to capture it in a picture, but I'm working on it. Oh, and at his apointment he measured 25 1/2 inches tall, and I think he was 14lbs. Doctor Weipert okayed us to start him on any foods we want because this boy wants to eat. He also thinks he'll be an early walker and once he is... he will be Maddix's shadow. Everywhere he was moved in the room he looked around until he spotted his big brother:) Warms my heart.
Not a fan of tummy time

Encouragement from the boys to embrace
tummy time!

Has found a love for his toes

I love his little smiles
Finally fell asleep after
screaming the morning away
All in all we're pushing along and making the most of each day that we have (or trying, some days are better than others).
Travis comes home in EXACTLY one month from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment