Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ho Ho, He'S hOmE!!

HE-IS-HOME.
           Period.
And thanks to the help of those who babysat the boys, I was able to pick Travis up from the airport, by myself, and then we were able to just be together for the day before surprising the boys the next day.

FRIDAY: built with anticipation until the moment I was ready to go. I left early just to make sure his flight didn't come in early, and good thing I did! I missed my exit 4 TIMES. Seriously, I kept getting off too early. Then I missed the correct one so my phone routed me to the next exit...which I either missed or ended up hitting and then getting lost... I don't know. I've never had that many problems getting there before! In the end my phone routed me to the far side of the airport,.. to the restricted area, so I had to get back on the freeway and go BACK. Eventually I shut the phone off and followed the signs the rest of the way.
                  -Despite all that- I still made it to find out Travis's flight had been delayed by 45minutes. So I sat. And sat. And sat. I then double checked I was in the right spot and waited. I don't know how many people I watched come down those stairs, but Travis was never one of them. I watched his flight appear on the board, turn to arriving, to here, to arrived, then disappear. At that point I asked the new info person who was just getting on shift who told me I was in fact, in the WRONG area! So, I BOOKED it to the international hanger (where I was originally, until they told me otherwise) and frantically looked around. I heard my name from across the airport and THANKFULLY, Travis had only been there about 5 minutes. After all that, I still missed him coming off the plane, but I am grateful he wasn't waiting for very long. After a long explanation for why wasn't there, many hugs and kisses, we made our way out of the airport, just all too happy to be together again.

Waiting at Olive Garden

Temple square lights

City Creek

We actually had time to get ready!

Delicious Breakfast!

Breakfast

 
Christmas shopping at City Creek!
 Saturday was just as great. We got to sleep in, eat breakfast, then we spent hours shopping over at City creek. What started out as window shopping quickly became a dangerous game of lets just not spend too much... this kept going. That night we met over at Trav's aunt's house for a Christmas party. With much anticipation, the boys finally got there... and it was NOT the reunion Travis thought it would be. Travis went over and tried to hug Maddix but Maddix didn't know who he was!! He wouldn't look at him, wouldn't make eye contact, and got nervous and called for me when Travis wouldn't let him past. Trav stepped back for one last plea, "Buddy! It's me, Daddy!" Maddix finally made eye contact and his body made a sudden jolt! "Daddy! It's you!" Then he ran over for a hug and wanted to show him everything the rest of the night. 
Gpa Herb and the boys

Finally got one where they were all looking!

Someone else missed her Travis
Then for our first Sunday together I sang a duet at church; my co-worker and I sang 'Oh Holy Night,' and this was pretty much on my Bucket list. Tonight we had our Christmas Sunday dinner with the Johnson's. The dinner was great, Vaughn read books to the kids, and the best part was when Keili taught Maddix how to dance. "Keep your hand on my back, Maddix! Now twirl me!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment