Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Us in December

Well December is here, and I have a feeling of all the months of the year, this will be my favorite! I can't remember a Christmas that I've been so excited for; Maddix is at that age where he loves looking at the lights, Christmas movies seem special, and he's old enough to partake in all the Holiday traditions. All that aside, December is going to bring home my Travis!!!! 1 Week, 3 Days!

Travis
He studies, all the time. He is currently putting in about 30hrs for one test that is coming up and said that if he doesn't get a good grade after that much effort, he may lose his mind (this is the part of school I don't miss). He recently had a birthday where Anna and Arek threw him a mini party with Pizza and cake. The Elders came over with a few of Trav's classmates and they had more pizza and some ice cream cookies (large cookies), and then the next day his classmates took him bowling. I'm so glad that where ever we go the Lord blesses us with the kindest people that take care of us; safe to say he was spoiled a bit for his birthday.  Travis has also been participating in Movember, or N0-Shave-November, and now that it is December he finally got a hair cut! But the facial hair is staying for awhile:) And also, quite an accomplishment, Travis just completed the final day of the Insanity Workout Program. He was very diligent during these exercises, and he has definitely seen the success. It's a really challenging exercise, and I'm so proud of him! I think that's pretty much it besides booking his hotel for the night before he flies home!
Some of the cookies from his
ice cream sandwiches
Thank You Anna and Arek
(as always thank Arek's mother
for her cake:) 

Bowling with the
classmates (trav is the middle
photo with the green ball)

Goodbye long hair. Hello Euro haircut (which is actually
my favorite hairtcut I've ever seen on him!)

final look from the haircut

Lacey

Lets see, during the days I'm either at work or with the boys, and at night I'm a guard against the nightmares, meaning by boys feel it's best if I stay up most nights so I'm there for them every hr. they decide to wake up! I've come to really dislike two things recently: 1- Driving in the snow and 2- Night time! I've also been doing the Insanity program and although I can't be as diligent at it, it's really been a good outlet and I've lost 6lbs, 2-4 more to go!  I've also been doing a low/no sugar challenge with a friend at work that has really motivated me to eat more healthy. I'm still loving the blond hair. I have a work party tonight. And recently I started Spanish lessons; I'm really enjoying them and can even wait on tables in Spanish now. Oh, and... since Travis left, and some nights get so cold, Nala has become an occasional cuddle buddy to fall asleep with; we both enjoy our time together. 

Morning Cuddles on the morning of the first snow

Two more weeks in the
program

The Boys
Well these two really keep me on my toes. They have both had a few colds this winter, but neither has really broke down and got too sick, which I'm grateful for. Aaron is a great sleeper unless his tummy hurts or he's congested, which has been a lot lately. Maddix tends to have really bad and intense nightmares that have been progressively getting worse. I spoke to our Ped's doc who said a stable bedtime routine, and a happy day is the best remedy. After no sleep two nights ago, I tried my hardest yesterday to see that Maddix had just what the Dr ordered and last night: no nightmares! He even woke up and was happy to report no bad dreams! Aaron loves to talk, smile at everybody, has begun to enjoy more floor time (hallelujah), has found his feet and attacks them all the time, and rolls to his back any chance he gets. Oh, and if you have food in your hands... we will get it at all costs:)  Maddix continues to say the funniest things. He now puts on his own clothes and shoes most the time, loves telling ppl he's big because he's three, misses his dad, adores his brother, is obsessed with his dog, and enjoys having friends to get together with! Oh, and is so happy it's Christmas time: watches the movies, looks at the lights, lays by our tree, reads the books, talks about, met Santa at the mall (however he told my dad "grandnpa, I know that's not the real Santa, my friend told me." What???)
Loving his "pup" as he calls her

Fell asleep looking at a McQueen present
from his Aunt Julie

A park day with Grandpa before the snow

The Snow Is Here!!

Sleeping off  a cold

Getting so big

While getting dressed he decided he was a Pirate

Also loves his doggy

fell asleep on the way home from meeting Santa

The other day I told Maddix I couldn't
go to bed until I pumped.. he said he wanted
to help, so he grabbed the pump, hooked up the cords
and put them to himself, then said, "turn it on, I'm ready!"
What a helper

First time in the booster/counter chair; 5 months old
Playing in Winter's first snow

playing with Maverick, Hadley, Nala, and Brenna

Enjoying some Hot Chocolate after playing in the cold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment