Thursday, January 30, 2014

Midweek Report

MONDAY
Monday was my favorite day of the week so far. Although it started out a little stressful with trying to get the boys ready and out the door by 8:30am so we could go get Nala to the groomers. Of course, as we're about to leave Aaron has a blow out diaper... up to his neck! But we did eventually get out the door and were only slightly late to the Groomer. 
While we burned some we wondered over to Petsmart where we looked at all the animals and bought some dog food. 

After some playtime over with cousins Keili and Allie's home, we met my mother and Grandfather over in the River bottoms for lunch and to give my mom the dog food.

Maddix took the photo
 TUESDAY
I was lucky enough to have my third day in a row off of work. We played on the floor all morning. I did a lot of cleaning, and at one point I was vacuuming the hall when all of sudden Aaron disappeared. 
During Maddix's quiet time (instead of naps he takes time in my bed with a ton of books) I heard him leave the room to go to the bathroom and it clicked in my head "Hmm... Maddix has a pile of toys in the hall. What are the odds that he picks up some toys." So I hid around the corner and sure enough he snuck a few into the room. When I opened the door, he flipped around with a slight smile, trying to judge if I knew anything. "Hey mom, I'm just reading." I asked him if he had any toys to which he replied
No.
I continued on about how mommy's know when you're lying to them and continued to shake his head that, "no, I don't have any toys in the room," all while sliding the lump under his blanket closer to him. OH MY GOSH... so we continued again, with the explanation that you'd be in more trouble if you lied than if you just told the truth, at which point he sat on top of the blanketed mass, and innocently shook his head back and fourth... THIS IS MY THREE YEAR OLD!! Eventually he was discovered and he smiled and said, "I was just trying to be sneaky." 

Later that day cousin Bella came over to play. They went out and went sledding in the backyard, rode scooters downy the hill, had a snowball fight, and basically emptied EVERY toy in Maddix's room out on the floor, ha ha. 

WEDNESDAY
We went to my mom's and while we were playing with the lovely Nala: 
Beauty after being groomed

Love this girl
laughed as Aaron crawled over to pick up Nala's slimy ball. Well as we were leaving I had Aaron in the carseat and Maddix came running over laughing, "Mom! I... Mom, I gave ha ha ha... Aaron..." He couldn't even finish. I looked around the corner to find Aaron sucking on Nala's slobbery tennis ball!!! YUCK!! But Maddix thought he was just Hilarious. 

When I came home from work last night I heard Maddix crying in his bed, "No, I just want mommy, please, I just want to go home!" When I went in to check on him I found him BURNING up. He had a fever of 101.6 but was still being so nice as I made him take some medicine. 

My little trooper

My little trooper
It took all my self control not to snuggle him in my bed as I listened to him toss and turn all night. In fact, when he woke up in the morning for another dose of Tylenol I tried to put him in my bed, but he said, "mom, what are you doing? You need to put me back in my  cool bed. Crazy, you were confused:)" 

So once we were up for the morning I made a little resting spot on the couch and informed Maddix that all we were doing today was watching movies and reading; he is officially fine with being sick. He really really likes that we are watching sooooo many movies today! 
learning to pull himself up


Went over to check on his big brother

No comments:

Post a Comment