Sunday, March 10, 2013

~What Goes Up, Must Come Down~

I knew that having such a great day with Maddix would ultimately result in a bad day to follow, such is life... but nothing could have prepared me for just how LOW we could sink over the past few days:)
After our wonderful Thursday, Maddix woke up Friday and he was a whole new person; it has been one fit after another. His school time which he normally loves was like pulling teeth on Friday. During his music activity he literally laid belly down on the ground and shoved his face into the wood floor with this look of sheer annoyance and boredom.

Saturday he was once again a terror at the grocery store and as we were about to leave he found out we wouldn't be stopping by the pet store area to see the turtles because of his behavior; he began screaming in the store and I kid you not EVERY Pole was glaring at us. It was awesome...
If the day couldn't get better, after trying to clean the apt 1,000 times so it would be nice Monday, only to have him undo everything one step behind me, I was making dinner when I heard this shrill scream followed by sobbing, "NO! Oh NO! I... *sobbing* I... NO! I pooped on my blue blanket!" Moments later I entered his room to find a man size poop on his blanket. This was around an hour after he'd peed through his last pair of underwear resulting in basketball shorts with no drawers while I washed the underwear... so the poop just rolled out (please don't think we're forcing him to potty train before he's ready. He does really well, and is always expressing to us that this is what he wants to do, BUT he is 2 1/2 and has accidents. Plus he loves his legos and if those are out he will never make it to the toilet because he's too distracted). Good parts of Saturday: We couldn't take the boy's  tantrums anymore so we put in a movie to slow him down and keep him from breaking things or himself. However Travis seemed to really like Mary Poppins as well, seeing as how throughout the movie I found these two in several positions just watching.

Trying to study, but don't
know how successful
he was

Saturday night I decided to try a new recipe for homemade meatballs and then we mixed them up with rice and steamed vegetables. I was loving the dinner and asked Travis if we should have it again, which he agreed too. But then that night after dinner I started having an allergic reaction to what I'm sure was the bbq sauce in the glaze. We've always wondered if I was allergic, but last night confirmed it. I broke out in an itchy rash and started swelling up everywhere.
Travis looked it up to make sure it was okay, and he ended up giving me a benadryl and just putting me to bed. This morning I woke up feeling much better, but stayed home from church to rest... which left Travis alone for church. Apparently Maddix was sitting with some friends at church, since Travis was conducting, and during the sacrament Maddix ran up to the keyboard and began waling on it. After Sunday school Maddix couldn't get to daddy in time and had another accident which left Travis scrubbing the carpet. He screamed all through Travis's meeting after church, and then they missed their bus on the way home so they had to walk through the snow storm back to the apt. Travis had called along the way so I knew what to expect, and when they came home I found two frozen, angry ice cycles. Luckily I had some hot lunch and coco waiting for them with fresh pj's and a clean house. Can I just say, by the time lunch was over I was ready for Maddix to take a nap?! However it was too late in the day so we just followed him around trying to stop him from breaking things. Good moment from the day:
Trying to burn some energy with Play time
Most the day was a success, until dinner when Maddix just walked over to the dinner table, threw his hand down on the plate that was on the edge of the table, and sent it to the floor in pieces. And on that note we sat down to a lesson with the elders on parenting... conveniently, ha ha, and they kept saying how great of parents we were, all the while Maddix was in our room for time out and banging on the walls so we could hear him. Once they left Travis pulled a chair over, sat Maddix on it, and we had a family talk; surprisingly enough it actually went quite well; he was able to communicate with us much of his frustration and respond to questions we asked him. By the end we were all hugging and just happy that this weekend was behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment