Friday, September 6, 2013

California Trip: Day 1

Our adventure started by renting a car, packing it entirely full, strapping in two boys, buying very junky snacks, and hitting the open road for a 10hr drive. By the time we arrived I couldn't bare to make the boys go right to sleep so they stayed up; Maddix fell instantly in love with Uncle Lee and Cousin Aaron, even with Ian using a lazer pointer and making Maddix run back and forth across the room, chasing it like a dog:)
1st Day Here: Took a trip to New Port beach and couldn't have asked for better weather.
This was Aaron's first trip to the beach, and just like his big brother, he was put in his port-a-crib and napped the entire time we were there. I can't imagine a much more peaceful way to take a nap than at the beach with the waves crashing and the wind blowing all around you.
By boys enjoying the beach

My other boy enjoying the beach
in his own way

While Aaron slept I was lucky enough to write in my journal while Maddix played along the water front and Travis did some boogie boarding. Then when I couldn't stay awake any longer I took a nap while Travis and Maddix searched for sand crabs and their freshly hatched babies.
Then out of nowhere I woke up to the creepy crawly feelings of a sand crab crawling on my leg, and the laughter ringing from Travis and Maddix. Then the second time I was woken up I found my legs buried in sand, thanks to my wonderful Maddix. Unfortunately our beach time was cut a little short because we really wanted to be in the car by 2:00pm in order to beat the traffic... we were in such a hurry that it wasn't until we got back to Trav's uncle's house and saw the clock that we realized my cellphone was still set to Utah time... so we definitely beat the traffic. We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming in the backyard pool, attending cousin Ian's soccer game, talking with family, and some nintendo games for the kids; needless to say Maddix was asleep the minute he extra tired head hit the pillow:)
Well goodnight from California. One day down, six more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment