Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Come What May..."

"Come What May, and Love It."
In a talk given by Elder Joseph B. Worthlin he speaks of his mother and this saying she would give to him. He moves on to explain why she said it as
"I think she may have meant that every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don’t sing and bells don’t ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result."
 I like this thought. I especially like hearing it right now when I am about to say goodbye to my best friend and loan him back to Poland for the next school semester, while I stay here with the boys and continue working. "Come what May, and love it." This is so appropriate for me, and goes hand in hand with a talk given by Pres. Uchtdorf on enjoying the journey (the bike ride story with his wife).

Little Sophie was enamored with
Baby Aaron

I know time will pass quickly as times does and I will have days where the birds don't sing, but they will be followed by days where the bells ring loudly and I will feel the growth I make by having to rely on faith a little more without Travis around.  ~I guess what all this is about is how I'm just really going to miss Travis; however I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that The Lord will watch over us. He will provide everything I need to get by without Travis, and I also know that he will be home in the blink of an eye in the scheme of eternity. While I am comforted, just knowing he leaves in a week from this Saturday really causes me to step back and look at all that he does for me. For example, Travis stayed home and watched Maddix for me so I could take Aaron and go to a Girl's Lunch with my friends.

Michelle and Soph, Me and Aaron,
Tuare, and Ambria out to
cafe rio
Each and everyday Travis offers to hold Aaron so I can eat my meals before he dishes up for himself. With that, he always dishes Maddix's food up so I can eat sooner. Travis will automatically hold Aaron and watch Maddix so I can take a nap if I am feeling tired, go exercise if I'm feeling fat, shower if I'm feeling grimy, clean if I'm feeling stressed, or anything else that makes ME happy... and he never asks for any equal 'HIM' time in return.
This boy loves his daddy

Even though I know he is tired in the mornings he knows it's important to me that we don't just turn the t.v. on for Maddix. I've also mentioned that we're training Nala to walk on the leash, well Travis is the one that muscles her back and reins in her hyper energy so that once she's broken in and responsive I can then walk the calm version of her.

Look at that energy!
Love that bunch
 Today when I said, "shakes sound really good right now" we grabbed shakes, and of course they were from my favorite place, in my favorite flavor; and although we split one he never asks to try another flavor that he might like more. Today he also spent the day replacing the struts on my car because he doesn't want my car less than (as) perfect (as we can make her) for me to drive.  And when we had our jeep he insisted I drove it since it was the nicer vehicle.
When I stress about money and discuss that we can't afford one of his toys he doesn't even bat an eye when I turn around and have to purchase something... he figures that anything I purchase is a necessity and I deserve it; in fact most time when I am too guilt ridden to buy something for just me, he'll just buy it for me so that I have to have it.
He is my rock.
      He is my best friend.
            He is the love of my life.
                  He is my better half, and I think that's really what scares me: that if my better half leaves how good can my half really be... however:
"Come What May, and Love It."

I am being given an opportunity to see what sort of person I have grown into since meeting Travis. I can take this chance to better myself so that I can better my family.When they sing "How firm a Foundation," I've always thought of the Wise Man/Foolish man story, but now I know my firm foundation is Travis." He is a wonderful example of perseverance, of obtaining knowledge, fulfilling your callings, honoring your Priesthood, being a committed parent, giving whatever is his to help his family, a caring husband, and a man who is striving to be like Jesus. One of my favorite things of all... he gave me these two Angels
How could I ask for anything more than these faces?? And tonight while I had little spots made for them on the floor as they watched Cars 2 I walked in on them holding hands. Maddix never holds hands, or cuddles, or holds still for that matter. But for some brief time I witnessed such a sweet and tender moment between my two boys. I was only able to capture a blurry photo of it, but I hope to never forget that sight. Thank you Travis for our boys, our little family, and the life we've created together.


I'm so glad you chose me





1 comment:

  1. :') and you know that if you ever need anything, I'm here to help out. Even if it's to chill with your boys or go on walks or whatever you may need! Travis will be back before you know it!

    ReplyDelete