Friday, September 13, 2013

~Friday Date Night~

I love family traditions, old and new, the ones that are temporary and the ones the stick forever. Recently I've felt the push to get back on track and establish some routines. Don't get me wrong, I'm sad to see another summer pass by faster than I can grasp, but I am looking forward to it cooling off a little, the beautiful fall colors, and getting back to a little more routine day.

Maddix took this photo:)
As Aaron has been sleeping through the nights pretty consistently this past while, I've found my desire to be up in the mornings accomplishing tasks coming back to me. Now with my energy returning I've also been feeling the push to finish my list of Summer To Do's... plus it doesn't help that the count down to Travis's departure (Two weeks, two days) is so close that it's constantly reminding me that I'm about to be on my own. So, in preparation for things to come we've started with one of the things on our list: training Nala to walk on a leash next to the stroller.

A New Tradition that we have started are morning walks. It just makes my day 100x's better when it's started off with a walk vs. cartoons. I've been wrapping Aaron in that baby wrap device while Travis pushes Maddix in the stroller, and Nala is leashed to it as well; let's just say it's a work in progress.

Anyway, for today's post:
So our FaMiLy DaTe NiGhT started this morning with a new chore chart (also a new routine we're starting). Maddix made his bed, pottied on the toilet, read scriptures etc and he got a sticker for each one he accomplished. Then after that we stuck Aaron in the wrap and went for our morning walk; it was so picturesque with the storm clouds hanging low over the green mountains. After a lot of errands we were all overly hungry and sad that Travis would be leaving so we decided to do another thing that was on our list: Eat at Mi Ranchitos. Tasty, Tasty, and the boys were great the whole time we were there. We spent a fun afternoon together reading, taking it easy, and going for another walk up to the park, we came back for a fun movie night and dinner of leftovers from lunch!

Making some homemade popcorn for our movie night

Our sweet awesome spread for the movie
 While we were deciding what movie would be good to watch as a family we stumbled upon a classic: The Sandlot. I thought Maddix might like it because of all the cool boys playing baseball... but I had no idea he would LOVE it so much. I haven't seen him that into a movie since Cars first came out. And I had no idea someone else would be so into it as well.
These two were glued to the t.v. Nala was growling
and concerned that the dog was
chasing the boy
 This movie was an amazing pick, and half way through it Maddix ran to his room to find his bat and ball and has been insisting we practice. He is PUMPED to play ball.
As we're watching him throw it back and forth it's becoming apparent he just might decide to be a lefty! His motion is fluid, and the power behind it is much more powerful than with his right. This might have been a monumental night for our little family: the night Maddix found his love for the Great American Pass time, the classic of classics, Baseball.

p.s. now the boys are outside shooting air soft guns together... I think I'm not the only one who's starting to feel the departure countdown closing in!

No comments:

Post a Comment