Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Fun!

I am pretty into Halloween this year. I have to admit, Halloween doesn't always motivate me to call it one of my favorite times of the year, but when it's on... oh, it's on! I have enjoyed so many things about this October (aside from not having my husband, that just blows)! The weather, as I've mentioned as been perfect, and the leaves are too good to not be rolled around in, which is what my cousin had the kids out doing today:
Rolling in the leaves
Aside from the weather, October has held a certain type of peace for me. I feel like I've been given this amazing opportunity to show what sort of person I am without the one person who automatically makes me be better. Since Travis has left I am on Mommy duty full time and I really feel like I'm NOT tanking it; there are days that are extremely hard, and I'm not always the most patient, however I'm actually surprised at how much I just LOVE being with the boys, and going to work, and having busy days again. In Poland I had WAY too much time and I procrastinated so many things and now I have To Do lists again... with due dates, and it's wonderful.
That aside, while I've been at work other members of my family have been babysitting the boys and I just want to say Thank you so much to all of you who help us and make it possible for Travis and I to create the life we have. Also, I want to thank everyone for making this holiday such a great one this year. I am just LOVING Halloween this year, and all the celebrations we have been having!



While I had to work Saturday night, my family was kind enough to dress Maddix in his brand new, homemade by my mother-in-law, Captain Hook costume, along with his hook and sword that he saved up for and bought all by himself (he is getting so big), and take him to their ward Trunk-or-Treat. He told me he had so much fun pinning the leg on a spider and chasing a fat man around... don't know who that was, but he made an impression on him. After that party he begged to be put back in his costume; thankfully we had a party at my Grandma Wells' tonight where he was able to do just that thing. Also Aaron's costume was finished as well so we had the whole crew dressed and ready to celebrate!
Little Smee! Everyone
loved him! 

Baby Wars! 

Brenna: Peter Pan, Me: Tinkerbell, Aaron: Smee
Maddix: Captain Hook



Our crew, minus a few older ones
 Can I just say that trying to get all those kids seated together, while my baby was SCREAMING his head off was almost enough to turn me off to the Holiday all together! But in the end it was such a joy to watch the kids light up with excitement as the costumes came out and they went door to door where all us Aunts and Uncles waited behind each door to give them some candy; I love this tradition of going to each room to get the candy, and then when they get to my grandma's door she takes everyone in one by one and gets a hug and hands out the big treats.

Capt. Hook taking out Uncle Scott's eye
Now let me just say that while we were stressfully trying to gather all the children together for a successful photo, I very unwisely handed my phone to my Uncle Robert thinking he would take a photo, even just a decent one... not even a good one. Could I have been more wrong? I ended up with about 30 photos of this:
And this

This one

These

These ones

And this...Seriously???
What was I even thinking? Thank goodness I have other family members taking photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment