Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Light In My Life

I love love love sunshine, don't you? There is something about sitting out in the grass, on a blanket,  and reading a book, or just watching my son lay on the blanket, just feeling the sun rays soak into my skin; it feels so much better than laying in my room doing the same thing. So that is what we did today and the past few as well: just enjoying the SUN. Can I just say what a BEAUTIFUL fall this has been? I haven't seen a more perfect fall in ages.
Afternoon Walk, plus a nap

Afternoon play, plust a nap
laying on a blanket in the
sun, plus a nap

Aaron's first time in a swing
(dressed for Halloween)
Add in a few other walks, and trips to the park with little friends from the ward and I think it's safe to say we have been enjoying ourselves... Too bad it's supposed to come to an end next Tues; guess it will be time to enjoy things indoors, we're good at that seeing as last winter lasted 7 of our 10 months in Poland! 
Speaking of Poland, that's where Travis is... have I mentioned that? 

I'm really glad we were fortunate enough to get the iOS 7 for free before he left (I think that's what the phone is... I just had to ask my brother-in-law). I learned how to use it and guess how great it's been? It's been a life saver with Travis gone. At any moment I can reach him with facetime on his i-pad, I'm constantly snapping moments that I wish he were here for so he doesn't miss out, and I can pull up the internet/movies at night when I'm feeding Aaron (which is ideal since Maddix is asleep just above me in his bunk).  These next photos are some of the shots I've been sending to Travis and they may not seem significant right off the bat, but they were precious moments that I didn't want him to miss out on, or me to forget:
First time building a
homemade pirate ship

Aaron's first time holding
himself up, unassisted

On our way to the Play date
at the park with friends
from the ward.

Realizing next year Maddix
will be big enough to wear costumes
that my brother used to wear
(he's a little boy, not a toddler!)

Said he was an Army Guy and
wanted daddy to see it
Everyone is always saying it, "life goes by too quickly." I've said this so many times, and yet it seems to be the theme for my life. If anyone ever made a slide show with photos of my life it would have to be titled, "I Had The Time of My Life... but could never quite hang onto it!" 

It never ceases to amaze me how blessed of a life I have. To some, they may think, "Oh, I bet you can't wait until you have a girl" or "you must be so alone while Travis is away in Poland." But the truth is I think I couldn't be the mother of a little girl right now, something the Lord knows very well about me, as well as that I would need little boys to keep me company while my Husband is away. 

He is in every aspect of my life; from the biggest choices that we're making, like Med school, to the smallest details like blessing me with boys first. He knows I am too rough and short tempered for a little girl right now, just as he knows Travis could never have been happy settling for something he didn't have to work hard for, and he blesses us accordingly. I have felt for some time now that I needed to express my gratitude to the Lord, as well as let those who read my blog know some of what I believe:

I am a Mormon (to the world), or a member of the church of Latter Day Saints more correctly. 
I am not a bible thumping, public praising, Gospel singing type of person, but the Lord is just as much the cornerstone of my life (and I have nothing against anyone that worships that way, I'm just saying that's not the way I am).  I believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings, as well as that you can feel the fleeting promptings of the spirit in your life when you need help, but that you cannot have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost unless you a worthy person, who lives the covenants they have made. 
I think there is nothing more important than trying to live like Jesus did, and emulate his EXAMPLE; example is the key word. I never realized, until I left Utah for awhile, just how important the smallest things we do in our day affect those around us. Really, everything you do and say is being seen and observed my someone around us. 
I know that missionary work is irriplaceable in this world today and the war that is continuously raging all around us. I like to think of our missionaries today as a modern stripling warriors: they've been raised by righteous mothers, they're led my an amazingly strong Prophet. And instead of fighting with weapons of war, they come prepared with The Book of Mormon, investigative lessons, and the spirit. No matter what you struggle with in your life, know that Satan may be winning the battle, but he will lose the war... and missionary work plays a PIVOTAL part in that; missionary work doesn't lie with those on actual missions either. 

I know that when he make a promise, and we truly keep it... 
When the intent of our heart is to please God always, and our actions match that...
That when we put others needs in front of our own...
And when we have an open mind, and a humble heart we will find the truths we seek, and they will lead us back to Heaven. 
AND in Heaven, we will find all our loved ones who also lives worthily; that through the Atonement of Christ we can live with our families for eternity in complete happiness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment