Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Maddix's 3 Year Old Birthday

Maddix 10/07/2010
One day I graduated from high school and I thought that was the greatest day of my life, until...
...I went to college and began earning my degree. I thought that was the best day of my life, until...
...I met and married my best friend and thought I could never be any happier than I was, until...
... I became a mommy. My Maddix gave me that gift of becoming a mom, of being responsible for a whole other being. And I have never been any happier than I am since becoming a mother.
1 year old Maddix
Maddix,
You are truly my biggest accomplishment, and my hardest task. On a daily basis I worry about the caliber of mother I am for you... Are you watching too many shows? Have you had enough exercise? Have I told you I love you enough, spent enough time with you, cared for you, etc? Sometimes I go to bed seriously stressed that I am not a good enough mom to you! So please know I always try my best for you.

2 year old Maddix
 But however much I worry about you, I know there is nothing I can do to completely ruin you because you already have a plan in life, and essentially I just have to stay out of your way! From the day we found out you would be joining our family we had been given a heads up by Dr. Lamoreaux that a baby that has chosen to come while the mother has an IUD is a baby with a will. The odds of getting pregnant on an IUD are 3 in 1,000 so we knew you were meant to join our family with a special purpose in mind (even if it took us awhile for it to sink in). Dr. Lamoreaux told us our job would be to basically assist you in whatever it is your were going to be doing on this earth, to not get in your way, and that you'd be very independent; oh boy was he right! 
Bath time!
Walk on our bday morning
To briefly mention some things we've been promised about you include that you will be a leader and that people will be drawn to you and your personality. We have seen this to be true since the minute you were born. There were two times in particular (out of dozens to choose from) where I remember just how much you won people over:
Bday morning cartoon
snuggles

bday walk to the river
was accompanied by duck
 First was when we were walking home from the park by our apt and a Priest was walking behind us 
and was watching you figuring out jumping off the stairs. He clapped for you while saying, "brava, brava... and other Polish things." Then patted you on the head and gave you chocolate. Another time we were just sitting on the bus and a Polish gentlemen had been returning from grocery shopping when you caught his eye. He spoke with us (well, I tried to speak) about how cute you were and how growing children need Vit C. He then reached into his grocery bag and pulled out his purchase of two oranges and gave you one. Then when you politely thanked him in Polish he smiled and ended up giving you the second one. 
Just enjoying the
bday walk

Opening presents on his new bed
with his new bed set
Now don't get me wrong... you can be a pain! There are moments I think I need a dentist on speed dial because I'm going to chip a tooth out of frustrations with your craziness... and there are moments when I just don't think I can possibly keep up with you the rest of the day, but I do, and then I look back and just remember how happy I am that I got to spend that day with you, and that I'm your mommy. 
Bday lunch at the Chuck
Maddix, you're so smart. You're so confident. You're so thoughtful of those around you. Don't lose those qualitites. There are going to be moments in your life when the world tries to tell you that what you believe and how you act are backwards from what they should be, that who you are isn't good enough. Never give in to the world. Never listen to the voices of the world shouting at you to give in. There will NEVER be anything in this life that is worth having immediately vs. waiting. All Good Things To Those Who Wait... it's so true. 
-If you ever find yourself 14 years down the road, struggling with who you are, feeling like no one understands or knows you, please read this and know that I know you. That both your father and I understand and love you. But as well as we know you, it is still nothing compared to how well the Lord knows and cares for you. -
We love you so much! You and your brother are the most perfect things your father and I have ever done, and we are so honored that you joined our family and made it what it is today! 

P.s. thank you grandma and Kristy for putting together that little party for him.
He adores Bridger and absolutely loved his presents and cupcakes! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks but I can't take any credit. Your dad invited us and Grandma make the cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete