Thursday, October 17, 2013

Playing House

For the past week the Johnson's were fortunate enough to go to California for Bryce's homecoming celebration. Where we had just visited California for our friends wedding, we couldn't turn around and go again so we decided to take the time alone in the house and make it our own vacation. I had to work most the days they were gone, but the times I wasn't working we were making the most of our time together!
First time holding a bottle
New Hairdo and birthday
coat
We worked on puzzles, enjoyed many walks in the remaining good weather, slept in separate rooms while they were available (which would have been great had my boys not been sick and up all night anyway... darn), had some movie nights, started Insanity, read lots of books, had some playdates and my favorite, was our first Family Home Evening Activity since Poland! 
My sitters one night while
I went to work
Pirate walk with Uncle
Colton
This was Aaron's 4:30am bath
after being up all night with
a backed up tummy
After spending the morning with my brother, then the afternoon with my baby sister, we had an F.H.E activity that started with scripture stories, followed by a song, and then we made cookies to give out.

Final cookie products


Then on Tuesday we were lucky enough to have a friend come over and help us finish baking our cookies. Although much of the time Maddix was extremely whiny and back in his room in time out, there were a few minutes that the two children got along long enough to play! It was pretty fun watching these two creating their own cookies and placing them in various spots on the tray. Some cookies were spiky, others were miniature. In the end we straightened them into rows and then divided them up so each child could take their creation with them; Maddix ate his gone in like 5 mins flat! 
Rolling out their
own cookies
Squishing and sharing just long
enough for a photo
then they were sad when I wouldn't
let them play in it:) Mean mommy all
over again! 

That evening a beautiful storm was rolling in and the valley just seemed Golden in the even light so we grabbed our strollers, my V.T. companion and we walked around the ward boundaries visiting our sisters. I really enjoyed the walk and being able to get to know my companion a little more. On the walk Maddix decided at one point to hop in the bottom basket of my stroller and called it his Pirate ship :) His attitude on the walk and his imagination as we walked home with him hidden in his little ship were probably my favorite "Maddix Moment" of the whole week. When we got home we fixed some dinner, put on an end of night movie and enjoyed time as a family; I just loved Monday and Tuesday so much! 
P.s. After a lengthy and complicated ordeal at Best Buy where I had to return my brand new cheapo laptop because it came broken, only to find out that model was discontinued in the week that I had purchased it and all sorts of PC problems.... we became Mac people: 

Say Hello to Peach... yes I just named my computer on the spot, just here and now, but it's fitting because she has a pink apple sticker on the back that makes her different... also it's pretty late and I haven't slept much in the past week so I'm getting a little weird as the night goes on, but ANYWAY, this is our new laptop. In the years our family has rotated through laptop after laptop, my sister-in-law has had the exact same Mac... so somehow we became those people who have an Apple phone (it was free), and i-pad (necessary purchase when you're constantly flying 17 to 18hrs), and now the computer; now the hope is that this laptop was a good investment and it will last us through the rest of Med school, until we're actually making legitimate money.... someday:) 




1 comment:

  1. I had the same macbook for 4 years until I got the pro. My dad still has the laptop and it continues to run great! You won't regret it!!

    ReplyDelete