Thursday, June 19, 2014

Mid Week Report

I admire people who can blog once a week and so eloquently sum up all their activities so concisely; it's just not me. I am wordy, and when too many events pile on top of each other it's better for me just to break each post down into a few days... hence this mid week report. The nice thing this time around is I get to start with: 
~Father's Day~
I woke up in sheer excitement for Travis's gift, of course he slept in; so I had to wait. 
Maddix joined me in our anticipation and helped me set things up; aka, the bike. 
This year we were able to get Travis a hybrid road bike/mountain bike. 
We wheels it out and set it up, then waited. I've been able to 
keep it a real surprise. He's wanted one so bad,
and he had no idea, No idea! 
Que Travis waking up
He says, "morning"
Que Maddix
"Dad! Dad! Come see your new bike! Are you excited? We got it for you! And it's outside
/:[
Sigh. 
Travis was so excited.
He went out and took it for a spin, 
All the while I was thinking, "Well at least I can still
surprise him with the other presents, ya know, that will be good.
Travis returns from taking the bike for a spin. 
Que Maddix, the worst secret keeper ever,
"Dad come see the other presents,
they're inside!"
Boo. 
After this funny, somewhat fail of giving him gifts; just kidding with was a total success, he loved
them all! We went and had breakfast with the Johnsons and I think we gained a few 
pounds from that meal alone. Unfortunately I didn't get a single photo of 
any of the dads. Only one of my niece mooching from my plate:)

After church we then had a Mexican Fiesta with my Dad and Wendy's family. Once again the food was too good, there was too much, and I had no self control... none. I may never
forgive Wendy for leaving that pan of Chocolate Tres Leches... mmm.
Okay, all is forgiven. 
Happy Father's Day
After all the work and energy and cleaning that went into a weekend of parties, when Monday came I said, "screw it" and no cleaning was done. What did happen was a lot of time
spent on the floor playing with Maddix and Aaron, 
Snuggle time while we read books,
a trip to the library, 
family naps,
non stop laughing,
real quality time together,
movies together with everyone, and
absolutely no cleaning, no errands, and no check lists
... this has gone on for three days.
I don't regret it:) 


Add caption

Add caption

Add caption

Add caption

We fell asleep reading
together:)


No comments:

Post a Comment