Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy June

Happy June Everybody
I can't think of a better way to start off this month than by having three 
days in a row off of work: Attending church with the family, it was awesome.

It was fast Sunday and as Maddix watched all those the children going up to bare their testimonies he just bounced in his seat, begging to go up!
I asked him, "what would you even say?" His response:
"I'd tell them about Jesus!" 
so up we went. 
My son is getting so big! We got up there and he looks into the mic and whips his head to me and says, "What's next?" Everyone laughed and then Maddix bore his testimony, 
"I know Jesus is my brother, I know God is in Heaven, and I love my family. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Another first for Maddix happened yesterday when he attended his first ever swim lessons!
He did really well... except for the several times he ran away from the instructors, yanked on the rope they said not to touch, and kept going down the slide that wasn't supposed to be played on.. yep he ran circles around those high school kids. 

Yesterday really was just a fun day!
10:00am: Went for a 5mile run
11:15: First ever swim lesson for Maddix
12:00: Lunch
1:45: Swam at the scera pool where Maddix went up/down the little slide 1000 times
and Aaron wanted nothing more than to ram his face in the water!
3:00: Went to cousin Keili's where they ran in the sprinklers, played in water on the tramp, and then made us smoothies out of Keili's kitchen set:) 
4:40: headed home; Aaron passed out in the car, and Maddix could barely move. 
One quick shower for Maddix then
5:00: How to Train your Dragon, snuggled in a blanket with snacks, fresh cold water, and warm Pj's. 
Aaron got in his pi's and crawled around, laying down everywhere and yawning;
Both boys ended up going to bed early! Thanks Dad for watching the boys the rest of the evening so that at 
6:00: we could go boating! 
NOT a great picture of me, but I really enjoyed being able to get out on the lake and get to know these two girlies. Thanks Scott and Tom for having us all out on the lake! We thoroughly enjoyed it. 
I actually pulled off a few good jumps. It felt so good to
get behind the boat again!

And this guy, after landing some wake clearing jumps
decided to attempt over and over a flip on the board;
he was getting so close but then usually provided us with great crashes in the end:)
Believe me, he's feeling it today! 
Such an awesome way to start the month of June. 
Bring on the rest of summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment