Sunday, August 3, 2014

And the Wedding Festivities Continue!

February 2, 2014- I turned 25 and Travis was still in Poland, wrapping up his school semester; we were apart. This was Super Bowl Sunday my dad and I were determined to throw an amazing party. But the biggest thing that happened was when my Dad and Wendy met. 

 Yesterday, August 2, 2014

For those who don't know, yesterday my father was remarried to Wendy Hughes. Many, many people ask me everyday, "are you doing okay with this?" Okay with what? Honestly. Life happens. It's messy. It's imperfect. And marriages may not last, but families are forever. 
My parents my not have stayed married, but I am fortunate. I have two very great and wonderful parents who are good people. They didn't have bad addictions that drove them apart. They never broke homes in any way. They are examples to me in many ways. 
They just didn't work well together. Couldn't provide for each other what the other needed and you know what, there is no shame in that. For 25 years they worked on their differences and put their children first, and the day they were able to start their new lives as new and independent people, I rejoiced for them. 
My mom is a strong and independent woman. She shows me how to live without fear and that life is too short to put it off till tomorrow; I am grateful for that because I am a cautious person and if I didn't have her example I would've missed out on many amazing memories I've been able to create with my family. 
I have always been a daddy's girl. Funny enough this is something I have seen happen with my boys of my own (Maddix is a Mama's boy through and through, and Aaron will stand by his dad through thick and thin!). My dad is a kind and quiet man. Not many people see the prankster-man behind the quiet exterior, but when you really get to know him, there is child's soul living in a grown man's body. I really think he laughs as hard at fart noises/jokes as my boys do. 
To see my dad find someone who matches his personality so well is something that makes me very happy. I have loved getting to know Wendy and watch a smile return to my dad's face that hasn't been there for awhile. 
Wendy Hughes Wells is a wonderful woman. I adore her and love her children. I am excited to gain a few more siblings and hope they enjoy Brenna and I just as much.  Two years ago they lost their father, and Wendy's husband, Jim. An event I have never had to experience but I feel they've handled with understanding and faith. 
Families Are Forever. 
A am grateful that our families can become one family and I look forward to the years of new experiences and memories to make. 

The Wedding Day finally came and I think it was a big hit. The backyard was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the dancing was epic. 
Young souls forever


table set up

Our expert bow tiers. Wendy's daughters,
Tessa, and Chelsea.


Picture Table

Beautifully decorated.

Guest sign in table


Admiring the candy table, he reminded me
of one little girl six years ago...

At my Wedding Brenna was also mesmerized by the treats table.





Wendy's mother, Merlyn working away. 

Everything was so beautifully done. 


Cake table

The old man insisted on a photo like the one we took at my
wedding 

We were much more cleaned up this day
... and younger :) 



I LOVE my little family

And I ADORE little cousin Bella-boo

Here comes the bride (and groom)

Before

After

Joined in matrimony, no longer alone in life. 
Guests, Family, and Friends 

Oh my goodness!!!
These boys threw out their best "G.Q.-smolder"
faces, and I about DIED! 

D.J. Bryce

I LOVE how similar we look in this picture!


The Candy table looked amazing! 



~DaNcInG TiMe~
These two slay me:) 


At my wedding these boys were 7 and 8 yrs old...
... things change over the years. 

YMCA on the wall

Yes, you bet I led everyone in a country line dance!
It was Legen... wait for it... dary! LEGENDARY

No comments:

Post a Comment