Friday, August 15, 2014

Moments oF mY LifE...

Since my previous post I feel like we've had many activities, and gone many places; however, as always, it's late at night and I'm half asleep while trying to remember what it is! Here's to relying on photos once again.

Friday
Since I work Fridays we decided to take a little time in the morning and go for a hike:) 

We prepared ourselves for a nice long hike. We were ready to have to carry the boys for miles. 

But seeing as we were short on time we decided to go hike somewhere near by; we decided on Bridal veil falls. Neither of us had done that hike in years, so you can imagine how shocked and disappointed we were when we started the hike and ended it 5 minutes later; whoever said that was a "hike" was seriously an indoor person. Boo! 

We were a little disappointed but laughed it off as we took Nala home. 

The boys seemed to enjoy themselves enough. The konked out the whole way home. 

Saturday
This was a LoNG day. I started out riding my bike to work... then it was a long shift... then a few of us close friends from work piled in one car and drove CLEAR out to North Ogden to attend the wedding of one of our other friends/co-workers.
The drive took forever and I was so tired, but she looked beautiful and it was somewhat fun to feel young again; especially when we ended up stopping for In 'n' Out at 11:30 at night!
Meanwhile, Travis took the boys and his dad to go shooting on West Mountain before heading over to their house for dinner and a nice night together.


Sunday
Our room service... which I'll
never order again. 
Eating our Olive Garden cheese cake
after a late night swim
This day started out hectic as I stressfully packed the boys up to go stay for two nights, 1 1/2 days at my mom's house so Travis and I could spend an early anniversary celebration together:) For us we have a pretty solid tradition of Salt Lake and... shark week. Yes, our Anniversary always falls on Shark Week and so it's a bit of a joke but it's become part of the getaway. 


SHARK WEEK! 
Monday
If we couldn't been anymore NerDy or oLd... we also partook in the Parade of Homes, and I LOVED it! We went from 12:00-9:00pm that day and it never got old and the homes were so gorgeous! We even found this home that had the layout of our dreams. It's not what I'd pictured exactly, but it made all the checks on our boxes and we just fell in LOVE with it. So much so that we took the builders card for that day.... that distant day that we someday get to build a home! This is now our dream home:) 
The dream home! 
The kitchen was phenomenal! 

Perfect staircase

Gorgeous Front room

Loved this!

 Tuesday
I got to go on a hike with my co-workers while Travis put his nose back into the books and my mom had the boys. Afterward I picked them up, we enjoyed the afternoon together, and then went to play softball! When we got there Maddix had fallen asleep in the stroller and Aaron was wide awake... as hard as I tried, I couldn't wake Maddix. He stayed asleep for the WHOLE game, when we put him in bed, and all the way until morning when Aaron woke him up at 8:00am! So... I think it's obvious he wasn't sleeping much while at Grandma's house;) 

Funny faces as we watched
the lightening after the
game. 

Wednesday
Started out with the girls coming over to work out, which is always fun. We then took the boys and continued on looking at the Parade of Homes. Maddix and Aaron were so well behaved. Maddix kept "ooing, and awing." He would be interested in the things we seemed to like and be equally impressed with the countertops we'd point out. Then I went work. 

Thursday
Good luck Jill! 
I was able to put Maddix down for a quiet time then I took Aaron with me for a lunch out with my old Softball coach as old teammates. We met up and saw each other's children and just caught up before I had to dash away. Aaron was a bit of a monster, but he managed to be cute about it. Maybe I was just more patient because it was only him and not two children at once. 
Some of the team and their babies. 
 While I was at work Travis told me of a funny happening what went down:) Travis and Maddix were watching some Motorcycle clips on the computer and doing some "manly bonding" when Maddix decided to get up.. and fart on Travis. Just after this he went running to the bathroom. When he never came back Travis went looking for him. He found him cleaning himself up because when he farted on his father, air wasn't the only thing to come out ;D. I laughed so hard!!!!!

Friday

Today I took the morning to salvage the house. I left it spotless over our weekend getaway and just from bringing everyone home and being busy we just... well you know, it just needed to cleaned; all of it! We even took some time to go wash the car before I left to work. Travis said he and the boys had a fun time riding bikes/scooters down the hill, having an airplane war, and then he enjoyed watching the boys "chi-lax" on the couch to a movie:) 

It's been fun. I can feel fall in the air, and surprisingly it excites me. This is the first summer in forever that is DIDN'T fly by. We have utilized every minutes together, never left on any vacations, yet enjoyed every day with a different activity. So it was so much fun, but also slow moving; I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Travis hasn't been with us most the summer. So I will continue to enjoy every last day of the summer that we have, but I am happy knowing that fall seems like it will be great as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment