Friday, June 8, 2012

~Everything Under the Sun~

Today. Was. Awesome. Or "Swietnie (Sh-vet-knee-ya)" as we say these days. 
The day was beautiful, although it was the most humid day we've experienced thus far, but it was nice to have the sun back! 

So Maddix and I did our work outs and it's fun because at the end he always claps, gives me a high five, and then flexes his muscles like they do on the video, and then sometimes we end it with him giving me rocks:) He and I then persisted to Clean, Clean, Clean! But you'd never guess we did. We hit that stage where you have to make the whole house dirty first to then get it all back in order (you mom's know what I mean: When everything is in the wrong place so you essentially put EVERYTHING in one pile in one room and then work from there to put it all away?). Unfortunately we just never finished with the cleaning... and I was really unmotivated because I knew I would just be re-deap cleaning tomorrow night to prepare for our last dinner with the Elders and Pawel. 

Anyway, I knocked out some laundry and my language lesson while Maddix napped and afterward we prepared to play outside. Travis ended up fed up with studying before we left so we changed our plans and headed down to Old Town before going to clean up the Church (It was our rotation this week to clean our little  flat we meet at for church); and I'm so glad we did. When we got to Old Town Pedestrian Zone there were large T.V.'s EVERYWHERE, Polish flags on EVERYTHING, and red and white painted on EVERYONE; Maddix even became a little Polish fan when some people on the street decorated him up: 
He didn't hold very still so it's a bit smeared, but that's the Polish Flag
After we had dinner (which was only $10 for all of us... man I'm going to miss the prices here!) we finished our walk down to the church house where we met the Elders who had the keys and enjoyed a little chat with them while they finished up some work. Then we all left together and noticed the streets starting to clear out: The Game was About to Start Poland vs. Greece, first game of the Euro Cup which is currently being played here in Warsaw before it finishes in Ukraine. 
This was us partying on our balcony listening to the masses of people shouting for miles and miles every time Poland did something good or bad. It was pretty loud! It's still winding down right now:) So we watched the game and enjoyed it as much as we could for how much the reception was skipping around ha ha. 
To end the night Maddix took a huge bubble bath which was needed... then he had reading time with daddy before going to bed late... again. I guess I just shouldn't call it late anymore.
And then these were some pictures I just took tonight because I'm going to miss the view from our windows


And now as I'm finishing posting these I just watched a lightening bolt strike across the sky through the pitch black.. oh I wish I could have caught that on camera. I guess I should also prepare to walk around in some rain tomorrow...
Well I think that was our day

No comments:

Post a Comment