Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 9, 2012

Today it felt like June. A very humid June. I never did dry off from the shower this morning, and I'm still laying here in bed feeling clammy, yuck.

But today was fun, despite Maddix waking up in the wrong side of the bed.
While he napped we had Seena come over and study/babysit while Travis took me out for a quick surprise: He took me down to the farmer's markets where it wreaked of herbs and old people musk, then we made our way down to the mall. While there he told me he was purchasing me a "thanks for putting up with my studies and moving to Poland" present, no arguments:) Do I have the best hubby or what.

So we walked into this elegant Polish dress shop and the lady didn't speak English so when I pointed to the size on the dress to try and ask if it looked like my size she shook her head and lead me to the changing room... and then brought me every dress in the store that had that size! She continued to dress me, take my dresses as I finished, and tell me if she thought it was "too long" ha ha. So here's the first dress we got. We specifically picked it because it's so European and I love it:
And then she put so much effort into us and the dress was on sale... we HAD to get this second dress we found:) Again, I love you Travis:
I LOVED how elegant and fun this dress was. So after we got these two completely different dresses we had to find some shoes and accessories, but I refused to get two pairs of shoes, which left us with a very narrow variety (thank goodness every other store in the mall was a shoes store:), but we found those purple ones you can see.. and then we dawned the dresses with a matching purple necklace.

To make it all that much better we price matched everything when we got home and all of would come to $300 at home, and I got two high quality dresses, hight end heals, and a necklace for $170! So that spared me any buyers remorse and now I get to wear my new dress to church tomorrow.

Then tonight I snapped a few more views from our windows because... either it's just getting that much prettier, or I'm realizing I'm going to miss this view more and more.

Today Maddix and I also took some mommy-maddix time in between rainstorms and walked up to the REAL or our LAST grocery trip here. On the way home it started to rain again so we said a quick prayer and have you know it, it must have been a GOOD prayer because I'll have you know it it stopped right then and never started back up! And that was our day

No comments:

Post a Comment