Monday, June 4, 2012

~Some Rainy Days~

Well I'd apologize for not blogging lately, but I'm truthfully not sorry:) For a few days there I thought I was going to rip every last hair out of my head, chip every tooth in my mouth, and break my New Year's Resolution to NOT say a single swearword in the year 2012 (not that I have a problem. I only said one last year... ONE! In Dec even. I ALMOST made it the whole stinkin' year!). Let's just put this out there, If anyone want to take Maddix for the summer: He's on loan-out! I am justified though; to sum it up
... The other morning Maddix decided NOT to wake us up when he got up at 5:30am and for some reason his door was open, so he went playing in the kitchen. Now let me back up and also say that the day before that our kitchen flooded TWICE. So that night I'd left a bucket full of dirty water in the kitchen. So Maddix went into the kitchen and decided to help by doing some of mommy's chores. He turned the oven on to the highest setting, swept the floor then tried to "sterilize" the broom by shoving it in the oven! OH, then he mopped the floor by dumping the bucket of dirty water back all over the floor. So when I found the kitchen I about dropped some bad words. That day he and I also broke out in weird bumps. His were hives and mine looked like bug bites. So on benadryl I went, and covered in cream went Maddix. Then I got loopy... so Becky Mecham took pity on Maddix and I and took him for the day to play with the kids. I napped and laid around barely coherent.
So many of our days have just been too unenjoyable for me to want to remember:) But the last few days have been better. Sunday he was wonderful at Church and we even had many American visitors who were here seeing their finished product so it was AWESOME.. although with the project wrapping up Becky and the Mecham family are leaving sooner....... this coming Friday. All I have to say is I panicked when I first heard this, but I'm happy for them.

So good news, as Travis has left us on our own again so that he can study every hour every day he went and took his anatomy final and scored 38/40! He said he feels like he over studied for it quite a bit:) So now he's down to 4 finals and we'll be leaving to Warsaw a week from tomorrow!

Hmm, what else, today Maddix has been extremely fun. We've had a lot of rainy days lately (partly why he's been out of control due to being stuck inside) so we've just tried to make the most of it, but we did discover a NEW favorite movie. Tonight he made himself a bed on the couch and I turned on BOLT. Once it was done he ever so politely BEGGED for it again.... he hasn't done that for a movie in awhile. So I think this one tops the list for the moment.
Cheese Tortellini with Sundried Tomatoes

Spinach Lasagna
Travis decided to slick back his hair the Italian way

"Do you like my hair oh ho ho!"
Seriously bored

Yelling, "I-stuck, I-stuck!"
A Bugs Bunny cartoon as we woke up from naptime

Fruity French toast anyone?
"Why yes, I think I will."
Why do all his meals end this way these days?!


And that's how our last few days have been.

1 comment:

  1. I will take Maddix! For the entire Summer! :) But you have to let me take him with me to England! :) I love that kids. Full of P&V... Best kind! Can't wait to hook up with you guys again. I'm so happy I don't have to say goodbye to you forever... That would be really really bad for me.

    ReplyDelete