Tuesday, January 22, 2013

~A Day Of Relief~

Well, I have a very long post coming up shortly where I am going to catch the blog up on everything I haven't been writing, but for now it's almost 11pm and I am so tired:) So without giving too much away from what I will be writing about soon let's just say we've been facing some trials with our visas expiring shortly that seemed to be all we could focus on; it was seriously effecting every thought of our day (it will make more sense later), However, thanks to our dear, sweet, wonderful, kind, generous, amazing friends Anna and Arek, a solution has been found. After countless hours, phone calls, and many days they even took off work to help us, it's done. Yesterday I was sick with a terrible cold, and neither of us have been sleeping well, but for the first time in weeks we slept well, and a giant weight has been lifted off our shoulders. If anyone doubts that God knows them I challenge them to really look at their life. We are so blessed. God knows us. And not for one second does he put us on hold. I've been thinking that these repeat trials we seem to get must be a sign that we're not learning our lesson, but my mom said awhile back that maybe it's not that we're missing the lesson, but we're being prepared for some other lesson we'll receive in the future. All I know if today was a great day.
My boys partied while I felt worlds better from my cold, but not well enough to dance with them in the kitchen. However I snapped a photo of them raising the roof at one point
We took Travis's grandma's advice on what to do with some of our extra onions and we made Outback Steak house's Onion Blossoms
It may not look appealing, but they were tasty. We all took long bathes (well showers since we don't have a tub) to just relax, read some books together, just enjoyed laughing, and then after dinner we purchased through i-tunes the newest Chipmunk movie and watched it as a family.

Soon after this the boys decided to team up against "mommy" and chased me into the kitchen, tackled me, and Maddix gave me raspberries on the belly while Travis pinned me down. When I went to get him back, he ran in my room and this is where he hid
 And earlier while Travis and I were enjoying the evening and cooking dinner together Maddix called me from the hall and said, "Mom, come see my bed I made. It's awesome."
He stayed there practically the whole time we cooked and then cuddled with us during the movie. I sure hope he is feeling better and not worse in the morning! I hated when he would get excited and run around then stop with a croupy cough :( Well, that was our day!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I just can't wait to get Mercedes and Maddix together this summer. I hope they get along... :s

    ReplyDelete