Saturday, January 26, 2013

The End of Another Week

Well the little guy has been recovering from his cold, but thankfully after that first day it pretty much went away and just left a low energy boy with a cough; quite doable. So essentially while Utah receives a winter identical to the one we had last year in Poland, we've been enjoying some light snow, sun shine, and temps anywhere from 15-25degrees; much nicer than other areas I think:)

Travis has really been focused on his studies and that has left Maddix and I completely on our own. We have really enjoyed some quality time together. The nice thing about my child getting sick (if it's even nice to say there is good to it) is it's the only time he'll let me hold him; it's my favorite thing to do. So he cuddles me while we read, nap, or watch movies. He's also been missing friends and family a lot and doesn't like to play alone, so I've put the dishes down, shut the computer down, and really just had some Mommy/Maddix time, and I just love it. I just love him. I love the opportunity to be a mom.
Wasn't feeling too well this day
 One night we all made some Pizza from scratch and I dare say it was the best I've ever had. And besides the crust directions, everything just went according to taste; I'd like more now!
Ignore the middle; I let Maddix taste test
Every morning we've been waking up and reading scriptures in my bed and it is amazing what he remembers and comprehends. We have a toy sword and the other day he poked me with it and said, "I smite you!" I died because we've been reading the war Chapters in Heleman and that is where he got it from.
And on many afternoons we often build lego towns complete with community park, construction yard, jail, fire station, and racetrack:) p.s. click on the photo to view larger 
He really love this time together

This would the park and Fire Station

The racetrack!

L to R: Fire Station, Jail, (on couch) Construction yard)
We have also taken giant steps backwards and once again are at square one in potty training.

On Wednesday I went to teach my Institute lesson and was happy/surprised to see Elder Wilson. We miss him and it was good to see him once again; Warsaw received a good young man.

Thursday morning I woke up at 7:15am and realized I was supposed to meeting our friend, Arek at a clinic in town so he could translate for me while I got some blood work done. Within 5 minutes I was out the door looking oh so American in a sea of dolled up Polish girls. However, I barely made it on time and on Monday I should see what the results say. 

Travis is busy busy with meetings every Sunday and I am now a Sacrament Meeting widow while he sits up front:) And it makes for an interesting event when I have to go play the hymns and Maddix realizes he's unsupervised!

This next week is Travis's Finals Week and then he has a week off so I am REALLY (well we all are) excited for those 7 days!
Other than that we've just been cleaning, cooking, eating
Common snack of apples, PB, and Nutella:)
  playing tag, indoor baseball, etc to pass our days, and they've been some good ones as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment