Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Saturday to remember

Again, this is out of order, but as fast as I can remember it all:

Picture this: We live on the top floor of a building with no elevator, so our balcony has become home to our trash bags and dirty diaper collection until we're ready to take them down... It's been awhile... a long while, and we just had a large snow storm.
I just spent the last 10 minutes watching Travis dig out bag after bag of garbage from under the mountain of snow; and they just kept coming! Then the diaper bag froze to the ground and had ripped, spilling the diapers across the balcony,which were now frozen as well. He dug around for awhile finding one after another until he hit a layer of ice and realized there were more frozen UNDER THE ICE! He had to use his shoes to kick the diapers loose from the ice chunks. Think there are a few that will be there till spring! It was like a nasty easter egg hunt. And the garbage just kept coming. Bahahahaha!
I think the funniest part was watching him try to carry all these bags down the flights of stairs in the dark because he refused to be seen by anyone (hence why he waited until 10:30pm to do this). Now there are still a few bags remaining, tomorrow Maddix will provide us with another diaper... but he defeated the largest chunk of it! Oh it was good.

Funny thing Maddix said TODAY:
Me: Oh man! I forgot to shave my armpits!
Maddix: I like your armpits mom (so matter of factly).
Me: Well thank you Maddix
Maddix: Can I feel them?
Then he leans over for a surprise tickle attack!

Funny event from today:
So we've had a week... I mean, it has been ONE week that I won't blog about, write in my journal, or repeat because it needs to be forgotten:) So to end a long and tiring week I put off ordering our groceries (lately we have had to order online because I can't go to the store) until late; our delivery was set for anywhere between 8pm-10pm. Normally they call and say there are a few items they don't have and ask if I want it switched for something similar.
Note to self : Never order groceries for a Saturday night ever again. They called to say they didn't have lettuce, bread, cheese, etc. So they replaced it with similar items and I thought that was that. Now, also to note, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing when I order produce because to order apples it goes: 1.69zl~1kg . Okay first I'm thinking what the cost is, and second I have to convert the weight... when I don't even know how much food that is in pounds!!! I always guess. One week I thought I ordered one bag of potatoes and I got ONE potato. The same thing happened once where I got one banana. Just the opposite, I was hoping for four med. apples and I received two giant apples! Well today I guessed severely wrong. I somehow ended up with giant piles of onions. I think I have 50 or 60 onions on my kitchen floor. Anyone have a good recipe?! I think I'm going to stick a whole onion on the Elders plates tomorrow and just see what they do when THAT is the main course. Then, on top of that I think I ended up with 15 apples?! I mean.... what?

So the fun stuff from today:
Like I said, I ordered the groceries late so all day our fridge contained butter, two eggs, one rotten apple, and condiments. Our cupboards had seasonings. I literally ran it down to the wire on this one because I was determined to eat all the food before it went bad, and I don't like to order anything early because stuff goes bad here in a matter of days! So, I had 3 giant potatoes left for lunch that I was planning on making for hash browns, only to cut them open and find them rotted. So in the blizzard we went a-walkin' down to the pizza joint about .4 a mile away. They quickly gave us our first plate that we devoured. Then as we waited for the rest of the meal we found ourselves waiting forever! I tried to go up and mumble some Polish that did no good. Travis was tempted to just leave even though we paid when he finally went up and the guy spoke enough English to discover that they had forgot.
We rushed home later than we intended, Maddix missed his nap, and we were picked up to go to dinner with our dear friends Anna, Arek, James, and Cody and Jasmine. While us ladies cooked we sent the boys out to have some manly bonding time (and to ware Maddix out a bit)

 
 When they came back, everyone was frozen from head to toe! So we quickly dove into dinner! 

 Then while we continued to eat course after course of our delicious dinner Maddix and their son, James went to play with some blocks (that they told us to take home and borrow while we are here!)


 While they were playing Maddix kept asking James, "What is this?! What is that?" And he was so excited that he started to sound jibberish. I listened and heard James say, "I don't understand you." So Maddix just kept repeating it.
We had such a wonderful time with them, and enjoyed having Cody and Jasmine there so much as well. Thank you to all our friends here for turning our week right around, and helping it to end right!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that armpit comment Maddix made was so funny! He cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete