Thursday, January 17, 2013

This is random and chaotic, but I'm just writing things as they enter my brain; if I don't  put it down right away, I will forget it. And that happens quite a bit. 

Funny things Maddix said today alone:
Maddix: "Mom, I'm kicking the soccer ball with my belly button."
Me: "That's called using your abs."
Maddix: "Mom, I'm using my abs to kick the soccer ball."

Maddix: "Dad there's something gross in your arm!"
Me: "That's daddy's armpit hair."
Maddix: "What? That's Discusting!!"

Maddix: "Mom!" In a concerned voice, "I'm not mommy!"
Me: "You're not?"
Maddix: "No, I'm Maddix... and you're mommy... and I'm not mommy because I"m Maddix... and I"m not Alvin (Chipmunks) because he's on T.V."

Maddix: "Mom," With an angelic smile, and his head resting on his shoulder, "I'm so smart, huh?"  

Today Maddix was playing with Playdo and had me make several balls out of the different colors. I looked away for a moment and then looked back and he said, "I built a gun mom, pew! Pew!" And he really had made the shape of a gun. I was super surprised, and extremely impressed. Although I guess their are plenty of parents that would be disgusted that he knows that shape.

Yesterday we put Maddix in big boy underwear again to see how he would do and he did really well. He made it through nap time with no pee in the diaper so I put him back in the underwear. Then that night I dozed off and he ran to the bathroom but ended up peeing on the floor; not really his fault, plus I already had a bucket of mop water out so it was convenient. Today we put the underwear on right away after seeing that his night time diaper was completely dry and he made it the entire day! So proud of him. He's still not to the point where he tells me he has to go, but he's stopped fighting me to go every time I ask him too. However he does NOT care for the diaper anymore and asks for the underwear so I think we're making progress.
And here are some photos of our recent happenings:
Work outs with dad: High Knees!

Can you believe how big he looks during his coloring time?!

Some more workouts where they're stretching!

And one more coloring shot. Look how grown up he looks holding that pen so officially!!


2 comments:

  1. I just love "coloring time." Lately one of Mercedes' new things is writing in my old planner from last year. She sees me write in my planner every day and always wants to write in mine so I pulled out my old one and now she sits for periods of time and pretends to plan her week. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute. When you posted the photo of you working on your project and Mercedes coloring at that stand in the yard I just couldn't believe how big these kids are getting. Are we going to blink and all of a sudden their our age and we're old?:S

    ReplyDelete