Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Another one bites the dust

Well as I said, I picked up a nasty cold by hugging one wrong person; and unfortunately I passed it along to little Maddix :(.
Last night around 1:30am I heard the terrible croupy cough followed by tears and went in his room to find him just laying there miserably. He asked me to stay in bed with him and after fixing him up with some water, toiletpaper, and vix, and laid there and held his hand. Neither of us fell asleep and an hour later he was burning up; this is when I whipped out the Tylenol. I though for sure this would knock him out, but it took about an hour before he dozed off or about 20mins. I had just crawled into my bed when he sat up crying that he was scared and came into our room. He asked to sleep in our bed which is something he's NEVER done. This boy likes his space, and we never let him sleep in the bed to start with, but last night was the first. So for a few hours the three of us shared our little futon/couch bed (it was REALLY small) before getting up and watching movies all day to keep the little one down.

As he watched his Mickey Mouse Club House we had him tanking juice/water sippy's and before I knew it he had spilled one on the bed. So I stripped our blankets. A little later all that juice shot through him and I now found myself stripping the sheet, his blanket, clothes, and our brand new mattress toppers and scrubbing those on our kitchen floor. Wasn't a big deal, but days like today I could have really used a drier. My apt is draped with blankets all over the chairs and in front of the heaters:)

Basically it was a down day of trying to nurse our baby boy back to health, I went and taught institute, and Travis found out he scored high enough on his semester final in Genetics that he exempted out of the year final. Only two other people did that as well. So in a week hopefully he will still be alive after all his tests!
Here are some random photos just for hanging in through all the reading:
One day he made a "love you" note for daddy
The boy loves Peanut butter

And being silly
And I love taco salad!

 Have a goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Aw poor little baby boy! It is so hard to have a sick little one because you just feel so bad for them.
    Good job Travis! It sounds like he is really excelling, that's so awesome.
    Lacey I really want to eat some of your taco salad this summer. I am crazy about taco salad these days!

    ReplyDelete