Monday, January 14, 2013

A Good Way To Start the Week

Before I post about today I have to briefly say how wonderful yesterday was. I really wish I had found a moment to blog yesterday because it was the nicest Sunday we've had in awhile. Brother Armstrong and his son Jake, or "Uncle Colton" came to church and just having their presence was a nice change. Funny enough, Travis was asked to come to church early. I practiced the hymns while Travis went into a meeting and when he came out I was then called in. Had a wonderful talk with Bro. Armstrong and then in sacrament Travis was sustained as the first councilor in the branch presidency. Then he was set apart after church and all within 4hrs he was extended a call and then had to stay after church for his first meeting :) The rest of Sunday was great too because the lessons were just so organized and we had a really nice investigator show up who we haven't seen since last January so it was good to see him. We got home late and had a busy rest of the Sunday.

Okay, so today, I decided (at the idea of my best friend Mackenzie) to implement somewhat of a morning chore chart. So it was a little rocky, but I think he's going to get the hang of it quickly. Then instead of cleaning the house like I normally do, I got the courage up to take Maddix out to play in the snow. It just looked so nice outside and we HAD to get out.
This was what the morning looked like
and then it just got sunnier
  Travis ended up joining us because he said he kept looking out the balcony door and seeing how much fun we were having, but I don't think we were having any fun really until he showed up!
getting the hang of holding on

But on sharp turns he would end up
face down in the snow!

This smile says it all
And these cheeks show just how cold it was!


Another sharp turn!
But then he wanted a turn to pull us around:)

We came in and desperately tried to dry off and warm up. After a little while Maddix grabbed his stool, blanket, and the strainer that is his new toy and started saying, "take a picture of me! Mom come see me!" And this is what I found:
Ignore the face, but he had put socks all around and was fishing with the strainer :)
He was pretty much a crack up all day and was saying some of the funniest stuff; however some of it I can't repeat because it's embarrassing for us:) Tonight though while he was in the tub, I was washing my face with white soap and all of a sudden Maddix said, "Mommy! You're a snowman on your face," then he through a shovel of water in my face... oh that child. Pretty much our day rocked together.

So a few other things these past few days I woke up and heard, "mom look at me sitting on the couch. I'm awesome. Take a picture of me!" Again, this is what I found:
Tricky guy thinks he's cool when he can sit there
And then this was funny, but not okay, Travis and I were trying to measure Maddix the other day and we may have put a pencil mark on the wall while doing so... BAD IDEA. The very next day I heard, "I'm coloring on the wall!" Oh brother, we had fun trying to explain that that was not okay. Travis told me to have him clean the wall off with a sponge so it wasn't as fun. HA, he loved it. When he was done with the wall he voluntarily started cleaning the floor.
There's the little culprit
Pretty much, he's a character as I've said before.


No comments:

Post a Comment