Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Pregnancy Post

Okay, so I have a few friends who recorded their pregnancy through blogging a list of questions every week, and updating it with a photo. I liked that idea because being pregnant a second time, there are things I keep saying like, "Ugh I don't remember being THIS FAT already," or "I swear being pregnant was supposed to be nicer than not having a period every month..." So when the time ever rolls around again to even THINK about a third one, I want to know and remember just what I am in for, as well as those tiny little things that make it worth it (especially those!). So every few weeks I'm going to dedicate a post to that, so sorry to any boys that may read the blog, it probably won't interest you:)

How far along? 20 weeks today
How big is baby? This week baby measures 6 1/2 inches and about 10 ounces. It's fruit comparison is a cantaloupe!  
Names?  Naming a boy is hard, let's leave it there.
Maternity clothes?  Should be, but since we're in Poland I just wear an elastic to close the gap on my jeans, and a purposely brought big flowy shirts that will fit awhile.

Weights gain?  Last apt said 5lbs so far, but the mirror says 20lbs
Feeling the baby move? I am feeling him move a lot now. He's laying completely under my belly button and feels content to stay there. So I always feel him there.
Food cravings:  Cafe Rio, Craft Macaroni, Cafe Rio, Olive Garden, Wheatthins, Cafe Rio. Things I would miss either way, I just extra miss them now!
Happy or moody?  Well I've been quite moody, but a lot of it was adjusting to my new Thyroid pill. Travis told me I've been quite pleasant lately. I've been overly emotional at times but I think I'm doing better:) 
Sleeping?  Rarely. I am entirely uncomfortable at night now, and even if I weren't Maddix has been waking up every night for months with nightmares. I hope this baby wants to feed around 4am because I'll already be up calming his big brother down! 
Best moment(s) of the week? When I put Maddix on my lap little baby decides to kick him in the back the whole time, every time. So I think he's going to be scrappy! Also when Maddix explained to me that he had a baby in his belly and continued to have a conversation with "baby Maddix" in the same Manor I have him speak in to the baby in my belly. It was extremely cute, and the first time I think things started to click for him. The other day the baby was kicking me wherever I placed my hand down so Travis gave it a try and the baby followed his hand wherever he placed it:) Then yesterday i was laying in bed and baby was kicking real intensely so I pulled my shirt up and I can now see him kicking very prominently next to my belly button:)
Anything making you queasy?  Still any story about bad eggs, raw meat, sight of mold, overwhelming smell of garbage, but nothing like it used to be! Oh and I have a cold so when I cough to hard I trigger my gag reflexes.
How is the bump? 
Like a Mountain. Between bed rest and a bum foot my muscle tone has just turned into a giant lump of pregnant woman mush!
Missing anything? Exercise, Holding Maddix, Going for walks, Being skinny, sleeping well:)
Belly button?  Doing just fine and looking normal
Looking forward to? The babies kicks coming more often, peeing less... sort of, my next apt when I should be taken off bed rest, and finally hitting the 20 week mark! Half way and it's flying by these days! 
 Dad? He's always supportive. Loved feeling the baby play with him. Has just as hard of a time thinking of names as I do!
 


2 comments:

  1. You look adorable, as always! Good luck with choosing a name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Lacey! First of all, you are so beautiful and you are so thin! You are doing pregnancy SO well. I'm really anxious for you to be off of bed rest too, I don't know how you've done it! I just can't wait for May when we get to see you guys and I can finally see you preggo!

    ReplyDelete