Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Best Valentines Day

I woke up thinking Maddix would be my valentine for most the day since at 7:30am we said goodbye to Travis, and didn't expect him home until 5:30pm that night. Maddix was SO sad. He held onto Travis as he was leaving and after the door was shut he laid on his blanket in the hall and just cried that daddy was gone. He was so sad that he even let me hold him and cuddle a minute. 

Preparation of the heart pizza
Well you can imagine how excited we were when at 10:00am Travis showed up saying his classes had been canceled for awhile! So we finished up our Valentine making and enjoyed having our daddy home! Travis ran around the house with Maddix while I got it in ship shape and then for lunch we got into the valentine's spirit:)
The pizza after cooking

The cookie preparation as well as the spinach tortellini we had
for dinner up in the left corner!
Travis had to return to school during Maddix's nap so I began a slideshow comprised of pictures from back when we were dating until now... it took SO much longer than I was hoping for that I never actually finished! But that evening we enjoyed decorating daddy's study table to surprise him, some family movie time, made dinner together, and then to end the night we finished cooking a TON of pink heart shaped sugar cookies! Maddix was not happy to leave the party and go to bed before the cookies were all done, but after he was asleep we enjoyed some time alone and rented a new movie before going to bed. 
Daddy's Study table with our Valentine's, heart cookies, and
The slide show of our life together I made for
Travis:)
I love him.


This was easily the best Valentines day we've had since.... well since I was dating Travis! Every years since then I have either been at work, or Travis has been piled to his ears with homework, so I'm grateful for yesterday! Happy Valentines to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment