Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Bday Post/Monday With the Elders

I can't believe it's February already. I'm so grateful that the first 5 days have been so beautiful! It's much different than the February we experienced last year! I think the weather forecast just expects it to be colder than it is because yesterday morning this is what the weather report said our current weather was... but the view from our window said otherwise
It said it was currently snowing according to the website
but it was so sunny and pretty out.
It was so nice out that Maddix and I during our cleaning, found our sunglasses and decided we could finally wear them!
Notice his are upside down:)

Oh yeah... we be coo'
After we got the house cleaned, the Elders came over and Travis took them to Mijdonik, our local concentration camp and 2nd largest behind Auschwitz. The Elders said they were scarred and changed by the camp. Maddix and I stayed behind because I re fractured my foot and children aren't really supposed to go; so we took naps:)
Opening gate onto the concentration camp

This dome contains bones and ashes from the prisoners that were cremated, and next to it are some rolling hills where on the day before their release, the Nazi's made the prisoners dig trenches and then at the end, shot them and buried 18,000 people; they called it "Harvest Fest..."

All the confiscated shoes
When they got back we set to work making Cafe Rio salads, which is what I requested for my birthday dinner, but we pushed it back to Monday because we were so busy over the weekend. And if you've ever wondered why it takes so many ppl to make the salads at Cafe Rio... Well it took all 4 of us a couple of hours to make everything from the homemade tortillas to the homemade Pico Degio Salsa; oh I love my hubby

It was worth every minute!
And if you can believe it, I am now 24 years old. I think I need to enjoy how young I am, instead of feeling so old all the time; I sure don't want to wake up 80 years old and wonder where the days went when I was in my 20's, 30's, and so on. So, on Saturday I turned 24 years young.
Friday night however for my bday, and to celebrate the end of 1st year of med school (WAY TO GO TRAVIS!), we all went to Fantasy, a game/arcade place and played a few games of pool, ate some Polish food, and enjoyed relaxing conversation about anything besides bio chem, genetics, anatomy, etc :)
Ajay, Kosi, Trav, Me, Seena, and Akshaytha.
I received chocolates from the girls...
They're all gone:)
Saturday, my birthday and groundhog's day, we slept in a little bit before Travis got ready and went grocery shopping since I'm still on bed rest, and I cleaned the apartment and got Maddix and I ready for the day. That evening Arek picked us up for what I thought was a trip to go snowboarding; however when we got to Anna and Arek's I was surprised when I turned around to find Cody, Jasmine, and the Elders holding a birthday cake (made by Arek's mother, DELICIOUS always) and it was a surprise party!


We enjoyed wonderful food and even better company. Thank you Cody and Jasmine for the cookies and S&P shakers from Taiwan, thank you Anna and Arek for the lavender popery, thank you elders for the cans of S&V Pringles and biosilk hair gel, and thank you Travis for my new leather booths for Prague; hopefully my foot will heal soon and I can wear them!  
And thank you everyone else who took the time to say happy birthday, send a card, gift, or anything else you did that made me feel special. Loved my birthday. Love all the people in my life; near and far away from me! And happy day that the groundhog predicted an early spring!!! (For you guys).

No comments:

Post a Comment