Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Red Light, Green Light

Red Light, Green Light has to be one of Maddix's favorite games (next to Hide 'n' seek) and recently I feel like we've been living it through out our whole day. For example last night we attended FHE at the Gladun's home with the Elders:
Green light go:
We enjoyed good company

Ate some tasty food

Played games with these guys
Overall we had a very nice night and were grateful for their invitation.

Red Light Stop:
Although last night was fun, Maddix woke up this morning with an itchy red rash and I'm pretty sure he's allergic to either their 3 cats, or their dog. I'm allergic to cats as well so I could see him getting that.
Green Light Go:
Today we enjoyed some fun activities from cuddling during his morning cartoon, sword fighting, to a sweet conversations at lunch. "Mom, Jesus and God are coming over." "Oh really?" "yes, but I don't see them, where are they?" I explain. "Oh I think I have to poop on the toilet before they will come." Then a Cinderella song came on in the background and he began singing the words in a low lion/devil growl that caught me off guard and I bust out loud laughing, so he did it again:)
He was a "Gad Robber smoking
the Nephites." :)
Having a blast

 Red Light Stop:
Between teething and an itchy rash attitudes were flaring. Time outs were often, and tears were shed in buckets.
To end on a positive note, we made progress in Maddix's apologies after his last time out. Normally we have to instruct him to go say sorry and remind him what he's apologizing for, but tonight after his time was up he came over to me, hugged me, and apologized saying, "I'm sorry Mom for kicking your leg." I was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment