Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Doctor's Appointment

I had a pleasant day with Maddix in which we attended our second day of "school time." He once again loved it and I think he making great learning strides. This evening Travis showed up early from school so he was able to come along with Anna and I to my Doctor's apt while Maddix stayed with Arek and James.
The Verdict:
  • The placenta is completely off my cervix now! However I am convinced now that he will never okay me for exercise or heavy lifting because pregnant women in general should avoid carrying anything heavy... well, I am at least going to start swimming and yoga I think. 
  • Also the exact length of how far I am is debatable; if you go according to last period (which is most correct) I am 22weeks, 5days. If you go by the measurements of the baby I am 21 weeks yesterday. SO I know it's not a big deal, and the baby will come when it wants but HELLO! I am the pregnant one so I'd like to know exactly! Baby can come anywhere from the 4th to the 8th apparently. But baby is healthy, however just measuring small
  •  Baby was confirmed to be 100% BOY; although the doctor tried to joke that it was a girl and my heart sank at first. So now hopefully we can come up with a name! 
  • I am now weighing in at 55.4kg's, which the doctor was not happy about, oh that's 122lbs, and I started at 112lbs. The doctor is upset that I'm starving myself and not eating enough, which brings me to the next point
  • My levels are looking better. My thyroid is actually doing so well that I can eventually taper off the pill. HOWEVER, and this is a big HOWEVER, my protein levels are DANGEROUSLY LOW. He was not happy because the reason they are so low is my diet. I have been put on a strict new diet that makes me want to BARF just thinking about it. I now have to eat 4hard boiled eggs every morning, and every night; that's 8 eggs a day folks! They have to be hard boiled and I must scrape out the yolk and eat only the whites. He said if my levels are not up in two weeks then we will have to start more drastic treatments. Do you recall my pregnancy post last week with the question of what is still making me queasy?! EGGS!!!! It is the number one thing I detest more than any other food right now. I ate some bad eggs at the beginning of my pregnancy and they have haunted me since then. And I especially don't like hard boiled. Freak, 8 eggs a day?! I can tell you I WILL be singing Gaston's song from Beauty and the Beast about all the eggs he ate to help him get large. Sigh. 
So after the appointment Anna took us to the store to stalk up on eggs and Orange juice. When we returned to her home we found Maddix having a wonderful time with Arek and James, and he didn't want to leave. We ended up joining them for dinner and having wonderful conversation until late. Unfortunately we were so carried away with our good time that I forgot to take Maddix to the bathroom and he was so into his I-pad learning games that I don't think he ever noticed he peed himself, until we went to leave. I cleaned him up, but had now change of clothes so we had to improvise...
 We wrapped him in Travis's sweater, then his coat, and then a towel from Anna and Arek. Poor guy was so tired, seeing as he woke up at 6am, refused to nap, and then we didn't leave until after 9pm. He fell asleep on the way home and I had to snap a photo before we undressed him. Overall it was a good day but tomorrow is going to be the beginning of something nightmarish for me. Wish me luck that this whole egg thing works out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment