Monday, February 25, 2013

...First time to School...

After a friendly, subtle hint that it had been awhile since I'd updated the blog, here it is. This past week was pretty quiet, with a few exceptions. Unfortunately we said our farewells to Elder Rittmanic who has been sent back to his previous area, and we have welcomed in Elder Finch. He is from American Fork, and for having only been on his mission 6 months his grasp of the language is quite developed.
E. Peacock, E. Rittmanic, Maddix, Me, Travis
Then on another day Maddix told me he REALLY wanted to go on a trip, he even brought me his new backpack from Gma Jo that he got for Christmas. He continued to pack Pj's, clothes, a toy, a book, a stuffed animal, a comb and toothbrush, and of course: Money. Something he seems to understand already that you must have when going places:) I walked him down the stairs as he said goodbye to Travis, and we pretended to go on a trip; however, when we turned around and went back upstairs he was FURIOUS! Oh it was as if someone had ended his world and all he wanted to do was go to the REAL beach, not his blankets on the floor :( So maybe we'll wait awhile before playing that game again.
Excited to go on his trip!

Look at him wear that all
on his own!
Partly our week was quieter than others was due to Maddix teething and being out of control, so we avoided going in public. Also Travis was sick with a pretty sore throat most the week, and then come to find out, I'm teething as well! I felt a tear in my gums and looked in the mirror to see a giant hole with a tooth poking through. I'm sure not many moms have the opportunity to say they went through teething pains at the same time as their children:)

By Saturday we did DARE to step outside to go the the grocery store where Maddix kept throwing everything off the shelves, and cried the whole taxi ride home. Then he received no nap because we had to be to the Gladun home for a surprise homecoming party for their son, who has been serving in Warsaw, Poland. The rest of the day was spent there eating way to much food and watching Maddix be doted over by Grandpa Gladun who seemed to absolutely LOVE Maddix:)
  Now for today, this morning I was very excited to start School Time with Maddix! He has been bored, I have been going crazy, and everyday he proves to me just how much he is picking up around him so I wanted to foster his knowledge (and curb his energy!). We went through our normal morning routine and then after breakfast we got dressed, brushed hair and teeth, and packed his backpack. Then at 9:00am he started school in his room!
Opening the door to his first day at school:)

He loved all the stations set up around the room
Every 15 minutes we rotated through Art, Learning, and Music Stations, had recess, one more Learning Station, then snack time. He shared his snacks with me, and insisted on eating a grapefruit sour gummy he found in his bag, so I let him:
Surprisingly enough, he did like it
He was polite and shared his snacks with me, and then we cleaned up and ended school. I really think there is a lot of potential to be had and if anyone has suggestions for activities to help him learn in anyway, just let me know! We are going to continue M,W, and Fridays; however when we go home this summer we are going to turn Friday's into a field trip day! We are SO excited because he has several little friends who all want to come and I think he will love to go places like the zoo, or the BYU Creamery with a bunch of his little friends.

We have just two months left here, and we are going to take full advantage of what time we have left before I go back to work, and we welcome in another family member and it's no longer just He and I:) So I think that catches up. And tonight we have been invited to the Gladun's for FHE with them and the Elders, so I'll post about that later:) P.s. Thank you to G. Grandma Juline, as well as G.Grandma Wells for the Valentines you sent. We loved getting them, and Maddix loved ripping them open.

No comments:

Post a Comment